Maj. Winters last jump!

Ricardo

(NOTE FROM FORUM ADMIN: We have merged a couple of threads into one and cleaned them up a bit. When the news of Dick Winter's death first came, it was word-of-mouth. but now has, sadly, been confirmed).

from another forum:

"Hello everyone,

I regret to inform everyone of Major Winter's passing. He passed away last week and was interred today. The passing was kept very quiet. His wife and family wanted it this way. My source was very close to Mr. Winters. It is now OK to let everyone know now. I wanted members of this forum to be some of the first to hear of his passing.

We owe many thanks to Major Winters and all those who have served. In this time of mourning we must think of all those who are left. Our time here is short and we need to appreciate the scarce time we have.

Thank a veteran today.

Eric"

RIP!!!

RichardDWinters.jpg

I just spent the past two days driving south for the winter. To ease the boredom, I listened to a "book on disk" of Dick Winters' "Beyond Band of Brothers". Just finished the very last of it this morning. Excellent book. Then I finally got my laptop hooked up and.....

Hell of a man.

Tom

Private Joker

Thanks to Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg and the writings of Tech Sergeant Donald Malarkey in conjuction with HBO to create a miniseries "Band of Brothers" to honor the valor of our heroic soldiers such as Maj, Dick Winters During WWII.

This enlightened a whole new generation to the men like Maj. Dick Winters that may have gone unrecognized over time, but never forgotten!

Thank you Major Richard Winters

RIP

This is incredibly sad news. What a fine man, soldier and Christian he was. Forum Moderator Jake Powers(APO472) was very close to Major Winters and was in contact with him regularly. Truly, the Greatest Generation is leaving us, one great man at a time. My deepest respects and condolences to the Winters family and all his friends!

When I was in the 101st many years ago we looked at those like Major Winters from WWII like they were Gods. Very sad to hear of him passing away.

What a sad day for so many people, his family, his friends and comrades and those whose lives he touched in so many ways. I am a better person for knowing of him and what he did for the cause of freedom and democracy.

R.I.P. Major Winters. :salute:

This is so sad to hear. I can close my eyes and picture him speaking before every episode on "Band of Brothers".

Every day we really are losing the Greatest Generation. :salute: