Does Scotch Tape Hurt Patches?

Bank Vault

I put some in a picture frame and had no other way to get them to hold so I put a little tape on the back of each one. Is this harmful to the patch?

I put some in a picture frame and had no other way to get them to hold so I put a little tape on the back of each one. Is this harmful to the patch?

I have seen some nasty hard scotch tape residue on hard objects but it's hard to imagine it bonding like that with fabric, but to ease your mind you could try the acid free scotch photo and document tape which comes in a double-sided version:

379702_std.jpg

I would strongly disuade you from using plain tape. The plastic, as well as the adhesive has many acidic properties, which WILL harm your patch, over time. Besides, tape tends to lose its "stickiness" after a while. I tape must be used, I would have to agree with Forum Support, that would certainly be your best bet.

Chris

Thanks guys! I will get it off! I know it leaves some gross stuff on things. I used to be big into Zippos and i would scrub for 15 minutes or better with a q tip trying to remove residue. I got pretty good and making crappy Zippos look new :) . No tricks just some TLC, but the militaria field is different then zippos.