DISNEY PINS ON WINGS

BEAST

The National Museum of the Air Force has a nice display of Disney insignia and flight jacket artwork. DisneyDave, your "I WANTED WINGS" artwork is on display, so I am assume that you played a big part in theis exhibit. I believe that the current display is from a much larger exhibit that the Air Force museum had last year. Enjoy!

post-203-1188848547.jpg

post-203-1188848585.jpg

post-203-1188848639.jpg

Thanks for posting the images Beast.

I was supposed to be part of the exhibit, but the curator decided to cut me out of the picture. I was very disappointed to say the least. I had provided teh curator with a ton of information. free copies of my book, resource info, etc., and he didn't even give me an acknowledgement in exhibit literature.

He even went and used the "I Wanted Wings" postcard image from my collection, without my authorization and without attribution! When I found out he used this item I sent him an email telling him what a rank amateur he was. He told me he would label teh display properly, but I never found out if he did or not.

My friend Tom lent out a hug number of his original Disney insignia art. I have a cd of images of the exhibit and Tom's art made the showing spectacular!

A rep from the Disney Family Foundation has contacted me. They are building a Walt Disney Museum on the grounds of the Presidio in San Fran. I may be helping them with a WW II exhibit a couple of years from now.

I may also try contacting hee Boeing Museum in Seattle to see if they might be interested in mounting a Disney WW II exhibit.

Thanks for posting the images Beast.

I was supposed to be part of the exhibit, but the curator decided to cut me out of the picture. I was very disappointed to say the least. I had provided teh curator with a ton of information. free copies of my book, resource info, etc., and he didn't even give me an acknowledgement in exhibit literature.

He even went and used the "I Wanted Wings" postcard image from my collection, without my authorization and without attribution! When I found out he used this item I sent him an email telling him what a rank amateur he was. He told me he would label teh display properly, but I never found out if he did or not.

My friend Tom lent out a hug number of his original Disney insignia art. I have a cd of images of the exhibit and Tom's art made the showing spectacular!

A rep from the Disney Family Foundation has contacted me. They are building a Walt Disney Museum on the grounds of the Presidio in San Fran. I may be helping them with a WW II exhibit a couple of years from now.

I may also try contacting hee Boeing Museum in Seattle to see if they might be interested in mounting a Disney WW II exhibit.

DisneyDave,

That's annoying but not suprising about the lack of acknowledgement by a museum. I assumed you were working with Terry Aitken? Your "I Wanted Wings" postcard was still on display, but I did not see any acknowledgement of donor. However it is possible that I just missed it. Of course, what can you do after the exhibit is up? I assume that if you are lending an item to the museum, both groups have to sign a lending agreement. This may prevent a lender from pulling his items untill after the close of the exhibit. I have lent items to museums before and have good luck being mentioned. But these have been smaller local museums.

The display at Wright-Patt now looks permanent. If I get back down there, I will check more closely for your name. You may try contacting General Metcalf who is the Director of the museum and explain it to him. Still might not fix the problem, but you should try and get some credit for your work.

Thanks Beast.

Yes it was Terry and I was a little astounded by his lackof professionalism, to say the least. That isn't even the original postcard - the original resides part time in one of my display cases and part time in a safe. He went ahead and used an image of the postcard I had sent in an email, after he asked me what items I would be willing to lend out. the info accompanying that piece was also provided by me, as well as most of the info he use don the Disney artists who created the designs. This is one of the reasons why I now add an annoying watermark to all of the images I now post on this site, my own blog, or send out to those I am not close friends with.

Terry told me in an email when I called him on it that he would give me attribution. I would be interested in knowing if he has kept his word - appears he has not.

• 1 year later...
brandon_rss18
post-203-1188849303.jpg

post-203-1188849355.jpg

I wanted to bring up this old thread because I have a VERY important question about the 461st BS patch pictured, does ANYONE know when it was authorized?