WESTERN G 46-8, QUESTIONS

GMPETE

G-46-8 > KABAR

Thanks, guys. I'll be sure to post pics when I get it, and after I sharpen it and blue the blade. I plan on using a home bluing kit, and while the bluing most likely won't be perfect, it should still turn out nicely. I've seen the pictures of the mint ones, and the bluing they have is beautiful.

Thanks, guys. I'll be sure to post pics when I get it, and after I sharpen it and blue the blade. I plan on using a home bluing kit, and while the bluing most likely won't be perfect, it should still turn out nicely. I've seen the pictures of the mint ones, and the bluing they have is beautiful.

I have 2 Camillus #1009 Trail Blazers, the civilian version of the Mk2, which came with polished blades and flimsy sheaths. I disassembled one and cold blued the blade, tang, guard and pommel. I must have blued it 5 times to get it where I wanted it...the bluing looks best with a good coat of oil or gun grease. I used a brass pin for the pommel when I reassembled it, then matched it to an aftermarket 7" basket weave sheath I had that I dyed brown.

All in all it came out OK, and although it hasn't been used it's more of a looker than it's plain jane sister.