WW2 Arctic Field Jacket/Parka?

labelkills254

labelkills254

Just picked this up the other day. From what I have seen it appears to be a WW2 issue Arctic Jacket.

There is a similar one seen in the reference section: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...=1927&st=20

Is this in fact what I have here? What is the designation? Any pictures of these being used?

post-9378-1292436928.jpg

I would say its WW2 era.Any spec tags in the pockets?Sometimes they are found in the lower right sewn into the pocket lining or into a seam.I have seen post war ones used in Korea but the liners tend to be the white frieze wool.

RD

labelkills254

I just took a closer look at the spec tag and it appears that it is dated 1943 or 1945. Any idea on the value of this jacket?

Cobrahistorian

With that style button and the alpaca lining, plus the OD fabric, I'd tend towards the 1945 date. Early WWII ones are fleece lined. I wore one (gasp!) in the Ardennes last December and was quite toasty.

I passed on one of these at the thrift store a couple months back. Was USAF marked (on the spec tag only) and dated 47. Not sure on the differences between "mine" and this arctic jacket. Is there one?