IT'S COLD OUTSIDE, SO I ADDED SOME WOOLLIES!

BEAST

What is the story behind this one? I haven't seen on before.

Chris

Thanks to a forum member, I was able to add a new piece of wool to the collection!

post-203-1348252496.jpg

What is the story behind this one? I haven't seen on before.

Chris

It's for the 9th Armored Group. These are usually "inked" onto a regular armor patch. In this case it looks like a trooper got creative and added the numbers in a chain stitch. Or had it done for him. In either case, I like it.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I just picked this Armor School woolie on eBay, and am waiting for it to arrive. Everything looks ok to me, but I am a little concerned as I think I got it too cheap. There were 10 people watching, but only one other bidder, so I got it for $22.00. Not sure if I was lucky or I am missing something. What do you folks think?

post-203-0-26010500-1551724598_thumb.jpg

Persian Gulf Command

Your Lucky! That's a great condition and difficult to find Wool Armored School Patch. It looks like it was on a uniform but was removed without any damage to the edge. Having a nice edge cloth with no loss of wool from tearing or moth bites are the ones you want to obtain.

Feel free to PM me if you ever have any other questions about Armored/Tank Woolies.

John

Your Lucky! That's a great condition and difficult to find Wool Armored School Patch. It looks like it was on a uniform but was removed without any damage to the edge. Having a nice edge cloth with no loss of wool from tearing or moth bites are the ones you want to obtain.

Feel free to PM me if you ever have any other questions about Armored/Tank Woolies.

John

Thanks John! I felt it was ok, but didn't know the dealer and got a little concerned when it was only me and one other person bidding. I'm looking forward to receiving it!