Post your own ribbons/medals

stingerwooten

Here is my shadow box. Yes, that is an unauthorized Comabt Artillery Badge. And I have two of them. The other is on my Dress Blues that I plan on being buried in.

And yes, that is a US Army Master Missileman's Badge, awarded to me in 1977. We wore those in Germany, Italy, and at Ft Sill. I served in Honest John Rocket units for two years and Lance Missile units for 5 years. I was in the 1st LANCE Bn [Provisional} {TEST} and we tested the system at White Sands, NM for a year. That included 14 test firings which were really interesting. ^_^

Great display Top.I like the GCM with the different knots.I have the three missleman badges.None of mine are marked on the back, is yours?

Firefighter: Yes, it is marked with a cusiff "E" and the number 100. The one on the right was not on my display, but it is now. It is not marked, and it certainly is not the same quality as the one on the left. Somewhere in a I think I have another one marked N.S. Meyer. I was never awarded the Basic or the Senior Badge, just the Master Badge. I was on the Enlisted Degree Completion Scholarship Program when the award was approved. I shipped over to Germany in 1976 after finishing my BS degree. They cut an order in 1977 and I met all the criteria for the Master badge.

post-1691-0-24516700-1361409717.jpg

Firefighter: Yes, it is marked with a cusiff "E" and the number 100. The one on the right was not on my display, but it is now. It is not marked, and it certainly is not the same quality as the one on the left. Somewhere in a I think I have another one marked N.S. Meyer. I was never awarded the Basic or the Senior Badge, just the Master Badge. I was on the Enlisted Degree Completion Scholarship Program when the award was approved. I shipped over to Germany in 1976 after finishing my BS degree. They cut an order in 1977 and I met all the criteria for the Master badge.

1st Sarge Thank you for the information.The ones i have, basic-master, are like the one you have on the right.You are right, the quality, just from the front, is nothing like the one you have that is marked and numbered.I have had mine mine for over 30 years.

Hawk: Very, very impressive. You must three pounds of accoutrements attached to those ribbons! ;):D Thanks for sharing ~ Danny

Ya, part of the reason I am partially compensated for my neck now

• 5 years later...

post-104867-0-62563500-1550083057.jpg

I had to crop this picture to get it below 251k. It's a bit grainy.

When my whole medal group is back from the tailor I will post a pic of that too.

Regards

Herman

Somewhat embarrassed to post this as it represents four years of non-combat service in the army ending as an E-5. It averages out to three ribbons per year (including the multiple AAMs) while serving in a support role (intelligence).

post-130897-0-96893700-1550085337.jpg

Back on active duty after a 6.5 year hiatus as a "veteran"...now with almost 21 years of service, an update to my ribbons...

Screenshot_104.jpg

Great thread, here are mine from a few years in the ADF.

There's unfortunately no fancy ribbon rack builders for Australian medals.

Left to right, Australian Active Service Medal w/East Timor clasp (AASM), Australian Service Medal w.Solomon Islands clasp (ASM), Defence Long Serice Medal (for 15 years service), Australian Defece Medal (for 4 years service) and United Nations Medal for East Timor.

Above is the Infantry Combat Badge

post-117117-0-90219000-1550181957.jpg

I served in the US Army for 4 years (1976-1980), and I just got around to putting together a shadow box for my militaria. It now hangs in the main room of my house. Only took me 39 years to get my act together.

post-12036-0-17786000-1550404868_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

And this is my medal set after mounting the US JSAM. I have 34 years of service at the moment and have 8 more years to go.

For a country that likes it's independancy a lot, we mount our medals in the so called Prussian method. This mounting was introduced in the Dutch forces in 1913 by the (former German) spouse of our then Queen Wilhelmina. Before 1913 we had a loose hanging methode, more like the USN uses.

In the Netherlands the order of wear we use is: Dutch awards, Supranational awards (UN, NATO, EU, MFO) and lastly: foreign awards (arranged alfabeticly by country, using the French ? language and the order of wear of that country).

post-104867-0-18779900-1552293669_thumb.jpg

I apologize for the quality of the pic. Only 251k to upload is quite a challenge.

Kind Regards

Herman