Post your own ribbons/medals

stingerwooten

LOL!

Your photos are not showing up on my computer. Is there a way you can post them directly to the site?

I don't think there's any storage cpaacity on this site - they have to hosted somewhere. Is anyone else having trouble seeing my pics?

Cpl Punishment

Here are mine. Remember leaving bootcamp in 89 with nothing but a shooting badge and 2 years later looking like I had been in for 20 years!

post-1642-1291436198.jpg

To make it easier next time you need to do something like that, all you have to do is press "print screen" and you can save the entire page, go to a paint program or something similar and cut out the image you want.

Sweet! Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup:

Ski

Ski,

Is that how you wear them? Do you wear 3/4/4/4/4, or do you wear 1/3/3/3/3/3/3? Do you wear them spaced or tight?

Sure do. In Charlies I wear them 4 across, otherwise my wings will be under my collar! I usually wear them 1/8" between rows, but I may have to start stacking them to save space...

Semper!

Ski

Awards, Medals, and Decorations representing my 23+ years in the active Army, National Guard, and Army Reserve, three wars, and six different Military Occupational Specialties (MOS') and seven Additional Skill Identifiers (ASIs). In other words, a jack of all trades and a master of none!

The attached image is missing one award, the NATO award for ISAF duty in 2003.

post-14882-1291488903.jpg

Cpl Punishment

Thanks to one of our fellow members that let me know that my Kuwaiti Liberation Medal ribbon was upside down. Found out I rated it after I got out, so didn't know it was wrong...Whoops!

I've been knocking around for all long time. I couldn't find a rack builder with the Civilian GWOT Service Medal. Mike

post-1038-1291402748.png

I did not even know that this existed until I read your posting. Congratulations and thank you for your service. I am glad to see a civilian version. Any ideas to the number of these awarded? I am betting that there are not too many around.

post-4249-1291519181.jpg

Here goes! Nothing impressive as some of our forum members!

Looks "impressive" enough to me, Dave! :thumbsup: Looks like a lot of deployed time to me, what's not impressive about that?

Thanks for your service and all your time away from family and friends. And I'm sure they weren't all "libo" cruises!

Semper,

Ski

Mike - what's the one to the right of your Army Achievement Medal?

Commander's Award for Civilian Service, with Laurel Leaf device (2nd award), an Army Civilian award.

stingerwooten

Can't believe when I started this thread I didn't post all of my awards. So without further ado;

903-Medals-earned-over-15-years-of-honorable.jpg

Medals (with ribbons) earned over 15 years of honorable service (1991-2006).

Top Row: Army Commendation Medal, Army Achievement Medal, Good Conduct Medal.

Middle Row: Army Reserve Component Achievement Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, Iraq Campaign Medal.

Bottom Row: Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Humanitarian Service Medal, Armed Forces Reserve Medal, Louisiana Emergency Service Medal.

902-Additional-awards--Left-side--Foreign-Aw.jpg

Additional awards; Regimental Crest Affiliation (3rd Air Defense Artillery), German Armed Forces Badge for Weapons Proficiency (Schützenschnur) in Silver, Citations: Joint Meritorious Unit Award & Coast Guard Meritorious Unit Commendation. Combat Action Badge. Air Defense Artillery Branch Collar Discs. Drivers/Mechanic Badge-Driver 'T' (Tracked Vehicles), and Army Expert Marksmanship Qualification Badge with 'Missile' & 'Rifle' qualification bars.

What happened to the original thread about this?

To make a long story short:

1. Someone posted a thread saying, "Hey why don't we post our medals and ribbons?"

2. A whole bunch of people started posting pictures of their medals, ribbons, and awards.

3. Someone posted a reply saying, "Hey, how did YOU earn THAT medal? I think that's a load of BS (in so many words)."

4. The accusations kept flying despite Moderator warnings.

5. The thread was deleted, a new one was started, and Moderator warnings were issued again.

teufelhunde.ret
To make a long story short:

1. Someone posted a thread saying, "Hey why don't we post our medals and ribbons?"

2. A whole bunch of people started posting pictures of their medals, ribbons, and awards.

3. Someone posted a reply saying, "Hey, how did YOU earn THAT medal? I think that's a load of BS (in so many words)."

4. The accusations kept flying despite Moderator warnings.

5. The thread was deleted, a new one was started, and Moderator warnings were issued again.

So let's keep this one on track or it will be toasted to...! s/f D.

DevilDog,

I wasn't being sarcastic at all, I'm all for shutting the thread down if people can't get their act together. I, for one, was actually sad to see the thread be deleted because it was interesting to see the combinations of all the racks members had earned, and I'm sure some members here aren't going to want to keep posting their awards over, and over, and over again.

It's just sad that some people don't know how to play nice with others.

Hey,Moving on...............I wish I had a rack to show!!

I never served, but would like to say THANK YOU to all who have!!!

:packin heat: THANK YOU :packin heat:

stingerwooten
Did you get the CG Meritorious Unit Comm for Katrina?

To answer your question, I was awarded the CG Meritorious Unit Comm for Operation Sea Signal while serving with Joint Task Force 160 in GTMO, Cuba way back in 1995. :)

To answer your question, I was awarded the CG Meritorious Unit Comm for Operation Sea Signal while serving with Joint Task Force 160 in GTMO, Cuba way back in 1995. :)

Cool stuff. I have just never seen a CG Unit Comm on an Army uniform! Very unique.

• 3 weeks later...

Here are mine with the DD214, original set from my discharge in 1970. Not exactly in order with the large medals. I just found out that I also qualify for the Korea Defense Service Medal and one additional campaign star (now 4 total) on my Viet Nam Service medal. Now I have to build a new set of each. Thank you to all that have served. Al Hirschler in Dallas.

post-12790-1294188953.jpg

post-12790-1294189933.jpg

• 1 month later...

This is a shot of my awards on my blues when I retired in 1988. I stacked the awards in this manner due to the way the lapel laid across the ribbon bar.

post-6022-1298346297.jpg