SHOW SOME MORE US NAVY UNIFORMS

kutzburg

SHOWN IS A WWII NAVY UNIFORM OF A SAILORS VISIT TO SHANGHAI CHINA. THIS ONE IS UNUSUAL BECAUSE IT HAS DRAGON LIBERTY CUFFS, THE BACK FLAP HAS A LARGE DRAGON WITH SHANGHAI CHINA ON IT. AND THE PANTS FLAP HAS 2 DRAGONS ON IT. SEE OTHER PICTURE THAT FOLLOW.

post-17275-1288895743.jpg

Nice set of tailor made liberty blues. I remember when I was a kid, the guys my Dad hung out with had these. When I first went into the Navy, there were still a few old guys with Hong Kong blues that were done pretty much like this. Seems that by then though, an eagle on the underside of the collar was more common that the dragon.

Steve Hesson

• 4 years later...

I've shown these tow on here before, but figured I would show them again ;) First up is the pride of my Navy collection with my Vice Admiral

Donald Beary uniform. The other is my WWI Navy doctor's uniform that is named to a Dr. Bill Good which I think looks more like a morticians outfit than anything but still really cool regardless!

post-153919-0-28768100-1418922779.jpg

post-153919-0-16589200-1418923059.jpg

Ah heck...I'll toss some out there. Some of these photos are ANCIENT. I mean like older than some of the people reading this. :D I also know at least one of these was missing insignia when the pic was taken (I have no clue where the final, post-dry cleaning photos are for some of them...) Enjoy!

1CLIFTON1.jpg

1PULESTON1.jpg

Admiral1 (2).jpg

Admiral1.jpg

AdmiralAviator.jpg

AdmiralR1.jpg

admiralsuniform.jpg

AdmiralUniform.jpg

ADMUNIFORM1.jpg

Way to show everybody up Dave! Just kidding, stunning collection though! Who was the Medal of Honor recipient?

Not trying to show anyone up...actually kind of nice to have all the pics in one place! :)

The MOH recipient was Admiral Fluckey. He personally verified that the uniform was his for me after I bought it off Manion's back in 1998. Pretty cool.