V42 on Ebay

SKIPH

Hey Gang! Just noticed a V42 on Ebay! I don't believe the seller has an idea what he has. Someone has educated him. Ebay item # 250715541480. It's at $1025 already. Another good one to watch. SKIP

Skip,

I first saw it before anyone had bid on it and I agree with you. Seller had no clue as to what he had. He probably does by now, I'm sure.

Marv,

I agree with you on eBay. You can pick up on eBay in a year what used to take 20 years to collect. And if you know what you are doing, you can get some real bargains.

Marv- Brought out a good points about ebay. I have seen all kinds of knives, that I never would have in 40 years of collecting. Granted, can't bid on them all, and have won like 2, but at least the opportunity was there. Plus, got to see a few V42's, a ton of M3's and M4's. And how many "Theater Made" would any of us seen? The massive variety is staggering! Ebay does have an upside. Just my opinion. SKIP

I believe things will settle down a bit now that the initial excitement is over on both knives.

The pretenders and want-to-be's are out of the picture and the players have marked their territory. :lol:

Action begins again on the last half hour of the last day. :think:

That's my guess.

Ebuy is funny.One of my V42s came from epay and it didnt sell the first time for more than this price.He had a opnening reserve or buy it now...dont recall.I didnt see it relisted so I contacted the guy rather hesitantly.THrough a couple emails I was able to buy it and for a fair amount less.I was a bit concerned as there were fairly long time gaps betweent emails,extra pics etc but found out the guy had to be hospitialized a short time.It all worked out and he even told me it had been found in a house in New York by a friend when the friend bought the house out side of Buffalo.Never was able to ID the original owner.

RON

post-342-1287937401.jpg

post-342-1287937358.jpg

Rising!!! $3350. For you guys who are newer to the site. I recall seeing at least two V42's hit--Get this!!---$10,000. For real!! SKIP

Off subject, but you'll notice the genuine Case repros, even without the box and certificate ain't cheap either.

As in the one listed with the 3 hundred and something buy it now price.

Skip ET AL,

A V42 that sells for $10,000.00 must be very special.

How does this one compare with one of that price?

It doesnt...The knife was near mint.No history either.

That one was at the RIA Auction Company and I believe that was the price after the added buyers premium.The consignor didnt get near this price after all said and done.In following auctions they had others for sale(imagine that)those didnt fair as well.Then after fees and such Im wondering if the consignors were really pleased or not.

I think there is still an old thread here on the RIA one.

RON

Jack's Son-Can't remember the details but, I don't recall them being extremely mint. They weren't LTC Frederick's either. But, they did sell for a huge sum. This one looks to be real nice , so it should go fairly high. Who knows if it will hit $10,000. It will be fun watching to see where it peaks. SKIP

Jack's Son-Can't remember the details but, I don't recall them being extremely mint. They weren't LTC Frederick's either. But, they did sell for a huge sum. This one looks to be real nice , so it should go fairly high. Who knows if it will hit $10,000. It will be fun watching to see where it peaks. SKIP

Skip and RD,

Thank you for giving me a better idea of the history and what is being sold here.

I enjoy starting to collect knives, but I'm not near the "edge".

JS

Skip and RD,

Thank you for giving me a better idea of the history and what is being sold here.

I enjoy starting to collect knives, but I'm not near the "edge".

JS

JS

:lol::lol::lol: I have been told Im over the edge!!

Im no expert but have always liked the knives.I recall as a boy seeing my first V42.It was mint and numbered.I was at a show in Rochester minnesota.Maybe 13 years old.I spotted on a guys table and asked him if I could see the Force knife.He looked at me and them smiled,said sure and how do you know what this is??He also said I was the only one who had an idea to what it was.Man...I really tried to talk my dad into buying it.even going in half with him.THe guy wanted $350 for it.My dad did know what it was as we had tracked a couple of the vets and got to know them well and how they used their knives too.But I lost my fight that day.Went home with out it.I even called the guy a couple times and he came down to $300.He would even take payments.Still couldnt talk dad into it and all I had in savings was $150 and I wanted to go half with him.Years later my dad would remind me he should have listened to me a bit closer :lol:

RD