cpatrick finds

cpatrick

I spent the day today wandering through the Bouckville outdoor antique show. Believe it or not, after six hours of dilligent searching, in the blistering sun, and rude people, this is what I managed to come up with!

First up - A 1943 dated Officer's Class A - with a green bordered 3rd Division SSI. I have included a picture of the inside spec label - there is a name that is on the label, which I am not sure if it is the officer who owned the uniform or not. Please let me know your thoughts. Either way, $20 was not bad. It's funny, because this was adjacent to a militaria dealer's tent - Being a friend of mine, I told him he was sleeping.

Next is a "USMC" marked M26 Cartridge Belt. I will post this item in more detail in the appropriate section.

Lastly, I found a AAC Garrison Cap for $2. It needs to be cleaned, but not bad I say.

Chris

post-548-1187225452.jpg

post-548-1187225462.jpg

That officer's M1942 coat is beautiful, especially considering the 3rd ID patch. Definitely a great find for $20! Not a bad size either!

Nice finds, Chris. Like you I was out there on Wednesday and found a few items. Overall I was bummed that there wasn't more militaria available at decent prices. The general feeling was that "pickers" had camped out on Tuesday, just waiting for some of the vendors to set up, and snatched up quite a bit. Everyone is an Ebayer now I guess :).

Ken

Ken,

I had the same feeling. Previous years seemed to have brought more in the light of militaria. I found a few US WWII uniforms that were over priced, or moth eaten, and a few run of the mill collar disks for $20. I will be going back up there a couple times more before the show ends, I always find things things that were just set up by the dealers, or something I just missed. After six hours of walking, I had only covered 1/2 of the show, (And the show is still expanding, since the main event starts tomorrow!) I had to call it quits. I was a little disappointed to have not been able to see Justin there, but he wasn't abl to make it to this event.

Anyone else go??

Chris

Chris,

I didn't find a whole lot, but what I did find is below. I intend on going tomorrow as well and will spend the day - I vow that I will find a bargain! :)

Ken

Fully 1966 dated M-1 Infantry Combat helmet - $25.00

USMC/USN Bar with four stars to the Asiatic campaign ribbon - $5.00

Early Vietnam era belt and ammo pouches - $7.00

Mid-1970s M-1C parachutists foam pad - $4.00

CIB - Post War - $3.00

post-99-1187298216.jpg

I love the helmet. I never get tired of seeing those! Nice early date to boot. Keep us posted as to what else you find - I'll do the same.

Thanks fo sharing!

Chris

Okay, I spent about 5 more hours on the field today and really focused on looking at the stuff under the tables. Not a bad haul... everything you see here was under $125 for the whole lot. I have my appetite to thank for the flag...just as I got the hankering for a hot dog and hopped in line, I noticed the flag hanging in a booth being used as a shade for the entire booth. It's a big linen type...around 8ft x 12 ft I'd say, and it is a 45 star - S.A.W. era. The gentleman is sending me photos and some paperwork notes of the Marine to whom it belonged... the Marine served in the Boxer Rebellion. I'll wait to see how that one pans out.

The Purple Heart grouping is unnamed and was jammed into the coffin case. The gentleman wanted a price, I mentioned the heart was beat up- so he cut the group down to $25. It came with the good conduct and sterling marked CIB. I picked up the usual $1-5 ribbon bars, I can never turn them down, and ended up with a nice "A" deviced American Defense ribbon bar (for contact with belligerent Axis forces in the Atlantic). The helmet is a 1965 dated one with a 1964 headband. The shell is Id'd to the HQ of 1/121st infantry which, I believe was the Georgia National Guard in the 1960s (explains why there is no Mitchell cover). $20 for that one. The last item was something I never buy, leggings. They were unissued and Id'd to a woman, which I don't see very often, and happily handed over the $7 for them.

Overall, I was happy... nothing major popped up, but it was an enjoyable time.

Ken

post-99-1187390897.jpg

Forgot about these as well- post war curved infantry brass - at $1 a pop, I couldn't turn them down. The 1945 dated canteen/cup/cover was $5.

post-99-1187391010.jpg

post-99-1187391021.jpg

Nice haul Ken! Is the PH a slot brooch? Or earlier? I picked up a few Third Reich items today, and tomorrow I will go back up to do one more sweep. The 45 star flag is worth a small fortune - very, very nice.

Chris

CNY Militaria

I would have gone if I wasn't here baking in the 115 degree sun. Sounds like some neat finds there! My father was planning to go tomorow to look, but I think I will reccommend against it now that I know there is little left, haha. The only piece of militaria I will be returning home with soon will be a nice new set of airborne wings...on my chest.