US WWII Litter carrier

Broccoli

Hello,

I bought a FM 21-10 today (MIlitary sanitation and first aid, 1940) and there is this picture inside. Notice the WWI style litters..

Frankie

post-9248-1319407444.jpg

• 2 months later...
major louis r kent

hi i am looking for one or two of these where can i find them and how much are they i live in the uk and they are for my girlfriend's display regards foster

• 2 weeks later...
Johan Willaert

Are the hubs marked at all?

Can anyone post some close ups of the rims showings what they look like? From what I see they are drop center like the bicycle rims? But were some of the litter carriers equipped with flat type rims with the spokes offset L and R from the middle of the rim?

Thanks

• 2 months later...
craig johnson

Johan

Only a few days late in answering your question.

An exact match for the N.O.S. rims that are on the market. There are no visible marks on the hubs. These have a pretty thin layer of paint so Im almost positive there are no markings.

198184904_xseWj-L.jpg

Mar20123-014-L.jpg

Mar20123-015-L.jpg

Mar20123-016-L.jpg

Mar20123-022-L.jpg

hi i am looking for one or two of these where can i find them and how much are they i live in the uk and they are for my girlfriend's display regards foster

Hi,

I' ve seen one for sale on Ciney Military meeting in Belgium one year ago for (not sure) 600€.. And it was the only one I have ever seen for sale.. I think Johan knows the name of the guy who was selling it.

Best regard,

Frankie

Johan Willaert
Hi,

I' ve seen one for sale on Ciney Military meeting in Belgium one year ago for (not sure) 600€.. And it was the only one I have ever seen for sale.. I think Johan knows the name of the guy who was selling it.

Best regard,

Frankie

It was 500 and has long sold...

Hi All,

Recently I had a Good News/Bad News incident with litter carrier parts. Two brackets turned up on Ebay France at a €1 start price, so I bid...

Ebay litter carrier parts

...and Won :w00t:

However, the seller obviously didn't like the price, because he cancelled the aution after it had finished (I didn't know you could do this). :thumbdown:

Ebay sent a form asking if I agreed with the cancellation - I haven't bothered to reply.

The seller sent a one line e-mail saying that he'd sold them to a friend instead. :crying:

For information, it had the same contract plate as Broccoli's, The Colson Corp., Elyria, Ohio, 14th October 1942. I can't read the serial number, though.

post-4089-1332588492.jpg

post-4089-1332588479.jpg

Best Regards,

Prof

craig johnson

Thanks for posting this. To bad he cancelled. Since the seller doesnt sell to much it probably wouldnt mean to much to him if you complained. If its a big time seller I believe it effects the way they are charged fees on there end.

Hi All,

Recently I had a Good News/Bad News incident with litter carrier parts. Two brackets turned up on Ebay France at a €1 start price, so I bid...

Ebay litter carrier parts

...and Won :w00t:

However, the seller obviously didn't like the price, because he cancelled the aution after it had finished (I didn't know you could do this). :thumbdown:

Ebay sent a form asking if I agreed with the cancellation - I haven't bothered to reply.

The seller sent a one line e-mail saying that he'd sold them to a friend instead. :crying:

For information, it had the same contract plate as Broccoli's, The Colson Corp., Elyria, Ohio, 14th October 1942. I can't read the serial number, though.

post-4089-1332588492.jpg

post-4089-1332588479.jpg

Best Regards,

Prof

Prof,

I am so sorry about that.. I hate unfair sellers :/ Good luck with finding another one!

Broccoli

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

....found another use for the carrier.

Picture comes from this weekend's Dragstrip Contest in Czech - 1/8 mile races with cars and motorcycles made before 1961.

All you need is a Litter carrier, litters, BMW R75 Sahara and a beer ;)

post-9248-0-45510400-1465981675.jpg

hbtcoveralls

....found another use for the carrier.

Picture comes from this weekend's Dragstrip Contest in Czech - 1/8 mile races with cars and motorcycles made before 1961.

All you need is a Litter carrier, litters, BMW R75 Sahara and a beer ;)

Frankie. that's hilarious. Looks like a sketchy ride though.

Tom Bowers

• 2 months later...

Tom,

it was a great time. Took over 900kms with the bike since this Picture was taken, it's a funny item :) have allready "liberated" it - overpainted the WH marking with white stars and USA writings :)

Looking forward to meet you again! Aren't you planning a trip to Europe?

Best regards,

Frankie

Tom,

it was a great time. Took over 900kms with the bike since this Picture was taken, it's a funny item :) have allready "liberated" it - overpainted the WH marking with white stars and USA writings :)

Looking forward to meet you again! Aren't you planning a trip to Europe?

Best regards,

Frankie

No door is ever shut completely. And I love all my friends in CZ.

Tom Bowers