US WWII Litter carrier

Broccoli

craig johnson

No Problem. Just realized that I didnt put down a dimension where the lower tube goes. It would be better if you fit it to your Carrier just in case your kickstand lock is in a different place.

Dear Craig, I feel a little bit annoyin, but I have one more question :unsure:

I would need those 2 dimensions (will compare the "B" dimension with my kickstand lock..) and a photo from of the upper part from the direction where the "arrow" is.... please..... :)

Thank you very much

Frankie

post-9248-1287467933.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Again! This one was for sale on Ciney Military Expo/Belgium for 500Euro.. with original tyres which were NOT "War Tyre" marked.. had no manufacturer plate on :o(

Me and my father started the "stand making" :o) will send some photos later..

Frankie

post-9248-1288638375.jpg

This is a part of the stand.. will continue when the will be complete - tomake it as long as needed..

The thumb screws arrived from the U.S.-will have to arrange the shape, but better than to make then totally new..

The left upper screw has a newly-made winding and the female screw is new.

post-9248-1289136040.jpg

post-9248-1289136056.jpg

post-9248-1289136195.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again! :)

I need another information from you..

Whole day I am tryin to put the nipples off the wheel spokes. Now I see it is impossible, I have allready broken 2 of them :(

SO I decided to buy new ones - I can have nearly the same made in the Czech republic, but they are made in mms not in inches ;) ... So I found the ones I need - 10 5/8 long ones on

http://www.memorylane-classics.com/Whizzer...Rim%20Parts.htm

-there and in the wheel parts/spokes

please, don't you know, what "80g", 105g" or "120 GA" means? A spoke giameter? No google answer for it :( -the spokes I need are 3,6mm thick, (9/64") - please, is it 80g, 105g or 120g? (/GA)

Thank you for your answer!

Frankie

One more question - now I am cleaning the bigger leaf springs and on one upper leaf from the under side I have found a remans of a writing:

COLSON CORP

ELYRIA OHIO

that had been stenciled white (now it just remains as a "decal" on steel". I have tried to scan or to make some photos of it, but it was VERY difficult. PLease, don't you know about any carrier with full writing to make a stencil?

Here are some photos with a help I have "written" on it..

thanks for looking

Broccoli

post-9248-1291490941.jpg

post-9248-1291490959.jpg

post-9248-1291490966.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Johan Willaert
please, don't you know, what "80g", 105g" or "120 GA" means? A spoke giameter? No google answer for it :( -the spokes I need are 3,6mm thick, (9/64") - please, is it 80g, 105g or 120g? (/GA)

Bicycle SNL Manual says 120 Ga

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The Happy End is here!

The cart is ready!!! Thank you all for informations, special thank to Craig and Johan, without your help I would never finish it... I will send some photos ot this wonderful item as soon as I put them in the PC.

THANK YOU!

Frankie

craig johnson

Broccoli. Glad I could help. Im not always able to get off my butt and do that.

Another recent photo I picked up.

1254536442_n5ZXQ8R-L.jpg

and thank to Johan-I wouldn't know the size of the spokes, would not have wtose great tires and spokes without his help...

Broccoli

post-9248-1303206477.jpg

post-9248-1303206488.jpg

Some photos from the cleaning..

I had to cut the original spokes - they were totally rusted and some of them broken :o(

I had to put the hook down, the spring was too weak - so I put another one with oposite winding in the original spring-and it works well

post-9248-1303557018.jpg

Here are some photos from the "stand welding" :)

My friend Milos "Black" Cerny helped me a LOT. (better - I helped him a little :) )

down there is a plan from my father - based on photos and dimensions from Craig.

post-9248-1303557248.jpg

Broccoli

That stand came out great and the Litter Carrier looks awesome.

Thank you, Craig! Now I just will make the stencil and paint it white on 1 upper and 1 lower spring fom "inside"...

Frankie

post-9248-1303592094.jpg

• 4 months later...

just to bump this thread - My litter carrier, Pilsen Liberation May 1945 festival, May 2011, I hope you enjoy... I also hope the grey "Emergency drinking water" tin is a WWII item :)

Frankie

post-9248-1317675522.jpg

just to bump this thread - My litter carrier, Pilsen Liberation May 1945 festival, May 2011, I hope you enjoy... I also hope the grey "Emergency drinking water" tin is a WWII item :)

Frankie

great picture. Stuff my Dad probably used during the battle for Pilsen. He was a Medic with the 16th AD. Robert

• 3 weeks later...
great picture. Stuff my Dad probably used during the battle for Pilsen. He was a Medic with the 16th AD. Robert

WOW, really? This carrier is the only one known in the Czech Republic, maybe your father really used it ;)

please, don't you have any photos of him in the Czechoslovakia?

Frankie