Yard Longs!!

Adanac00

This is the Service Battery of the 328th Field Artillery, 85th Infantry Division. They posed for these photos at Fort Dix, NJ, sometime in November or December before shipping out on Christmas Eve 1943.

post-3558-1285873910.jpg

A Close-up. The men in Service Battery appear to be a little lack in their appearance.

Note how the Officers were dressed in field uniform, which was the case in the other batteries. The officers in the photo of Battery HQ wore helmets.

post-3558-1285873934.jpg

I have the Yard-Long photos for 328FA Batteries B, C, HQ and Service.

I'm missing Battery A. If anyone knows where to find a good copy, please let me know.

Steve

Son of a 328FA Dad.

Another unit from the 85th Infantry Division; in this case it is the Service Company of the 339th Infantry Regiment.

post-3558-1285874696.jpg

The 85th Division was activated at Camp Shelby in May 1942. Photo is identified as taken at Camp Shelby in March 1943.

Photo shows 137 soldiers wearing summer tans. The enlistedmen wear the DUI of the 339th "Polar Bears" on their caps.

(I couldn't upload the close-up photo; I'll try again later.)

Steve

This photo was taken at Camp Wheeler GA around the early or late summer of 1944 it is of Co A 18 BN RTC. My uncle had train here and was sent over seas with the 78th Div in Oct 1944.

post-571-1286660146.jpg