Yard Longs!!

Adanac00

Hello

I have just recently bought my 2nd yard long and I have found that I enjoy these photos more and more!

So that being said if your able, lets see some of the other yard longs out there!!

Thanks for your time!

Adanac00

This one came with a father son grouping. This is the father's unit and I like this one for the amount of written and visual detail:

yl1.jpg

unitname.jpg

yl2.jpg

yl5.jpg

photo1cu.jpg

Wow Thanks alot everyone for showing off some of your Pictures!!!

I am waiting for 2 more to arrive and then I will have to post the very few that i have, as the 2 i have right now are Canadian so i will have to wait untill the others show up.

Thanks again.

I look forward to seeing more!

Adanac00

Here ar a few photos of mine. Last count i was at about 100 and all for the 37th division/ Ohio national Guard.

WHOA..!! :w00t:

Those would all look fabulous in a big room displayed.....it would have to be a BIG room..!! What a collection. :thumbsup:

post-551-1285702968.jpgpost-551-1285702983.jpg

Heres another although its not a yard long. Iowa State College training detachment. Ames Ia. July 1918. I bought it #1 show all different shades of Khaki. #2 Krag Rifles. And #3 the Liberty Trucks. Robert

General Apathy
post-551-1285701973.jpg

But the houses are empty and falling down and yards overgrown. Robert

Hi Robert and everyone one else, love these ' yard-long ' photo's, thanks for posting all of them.

Robert , what a sad comment you added ( the houses are empty and falling down and yards overgrown ) the vehicles rusted, the clothes worn-out, the men faded into history, a proud unit gone with only a sepia photograph of rememberance. :unsure:

All things fade, sadly.

lewis

Here is one from the 37th. School Squadron, Capt. P.E. Jacobs, Commanding, Chanute Field, Illinois, May 10 1941. There must be 700-800 men in this picture. It is autographed on the back by 52 men.

Paul

post-2319-1285706511.jpg

post-551-1285772815.jpg

This is 1/3 of a yard long. Someone had cut it up and made three framed pictures. Quite a bunch of men ready for war. Full packs and gear. Following post shows the patches. Robert

There were only two parts for sale in the Antique store. The third part the id'ed the unit was not there

Yup. Thats looks like thats it. Many thanks. Wonder if the picture was left intact with all three groups if that was a good chunk of the Division. I never counted how many there was but theres a lot of men in the picture

Here is a site from the Library of Congress.....they have thousands of yardlongs, which you can download..........http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/pan/

Thats the plan for that room that they are all laying in. I have overgrown the den and now moving the "War Room" to the spare bedroom.

Thats a dam nice Collection 148th thanks alot for showing us!

Some really cool photos collected!!

Keep them coming if you have the time to show them i would really enjoy seeing more!

Adanac00