Show your painted and patched mich/ ach helmets.

VE45

It also allows for better wearing while in the prone. If you have worn the PASGT in the past, you will know how it would ride forward over the eyes when in the prone and trying to engage with your rifle, etc..

Oh the early junior enlisted days of resting that front edge of the PASGT on the rear sight during Stand-To at 0 dark thirty and catching a few more zzzs. :lol:

Yeah, its me Gaz. Thanks...... I think. :D

No worries, I can see how this might have been seen as sarcastic,.....I was'nt ,it was a compliment.... :thumbsup:.....

bloody english and their ironic sense of humour.....i wish i had one of my pic's to show ya ......... " skinny gimp in camo" would probably spring to mind :blink:;)

Not mean and gnarly that's for sure ;)

Oh the early junior enlisted days of resting that front edge of the PASGT on the rear sight during Stand-To at 0 dark thirty and catching a few more zzzs. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Now that brings back some memories!! Nice lids too.

No worries, I can see how this might have been seen as sarcastic,.....I was'nt ,it was a compliment.... :thumbsup:.....

bloody english and their ironic sense of humour.....i wish i had one of my pic's to show ya ......... " skinny gimp in camo" would probably spring to mind :blink:;)

Not mean and gnarly that's for sure ;)

:lol: :lol: No worries, is right. I got it brother, my humor isn't far off. :thumbsup:

Here is a helmet that has been heavily used and abused. The IR on top was added by using OD duct tape, the googles strap has been modified by adding velcro so it can attach to the helmet. It has three holes for triangle NVG mount that it originally had but removed so the previous owner/collector added regular NVG mount on it.

dscf4310.jpg

dscf4311.jpg

dscf4312.jpg

Great looking helmets so far guys! Here is a 1st Battalion 327th Infantry Regiment 101st Airborne division helmet that I picked up recently. I have a few of these including my own from the 1-325th AIR 82nd Airborne Division. No one in the 82nd was allowed to add markings like this to their helmet in theater or conus. -Jeremy

post-3828-1284678955.jpg

Great looking helmets so far guys! Here is a 1st Battalion 327th Infantry Regiment 101st Airborne division helmet that I picked up recently. I have a few of these including my own from the 1-325th AIR 82nd Airborne Division. No one in the 82nd was allowed to add markings like this to their helmet in theater or conus. -Jeremy

Now that's a helmet!! Very, very nice. :thumbsup:

I stand corrected regarding "Ranger tan". It is just painted tan. :whistling: :rolleyes:

I just talked to a Ranger buddy of mine whose sold me this helmet made a clarification: The color of helmet is not exactly "Ranger Tan", but rather they have a specific color that they are authorized to use. His reply:

The answer is tricky. Krylon Fusion created a special paint that is a flat tan--google it. I will see if I can find it this weekend online; but yes in a way there is a specific paint that the 75th Ranger Regiment made standard. Is it called ranger paint? No--but there is only one official color code (I believe it is 4271) on the Pantel Color Wheel that they are authorized to use.