509th Italy studio portrait

sgtdorango

Picked this post card studio portrait up from ebay recently, the troopers name is Russell Cook (marked on back) also the post card is marked Ferrania and I googled it and found out it is or was a photo studio in Italy, also did some partial research on Russell Cook 509th and found him in a after action report as staying behind to take care of or help guard wounded during the Battle of the Bulge, then he was taken prisoner....not much more than that, need to further research as there were two Russell Cooks in the 509th that i have found, one middle initial P and the other E, one was a Prvt and the other Cpl Russell E. Cook ( the one with the info here in the Bulge) Cpl. stripes on jacket so I figured thats got to be him!....if anyone can help further i would appreciate it!...his #32098996...oh yeah, just put his pic together with some para stuff i had lying around for display!.....thanks....mike

post-350-1283309101.jpg

It just happened to fall on the floor and you snapped a picture of hey? :rolleyes: That's a great presentation. Really makes the whole thing "breath." Dennis