Non PC variations

JCFalkenbergIII

The figure on the 154th patch is based on ancient Hawaiian wood statues depicting a warrior. This is part of the heritage of the islands. It is not a stereotype and the image is well accepted in the islands.

A moral patch from A Company, 7th Battalion, 158th Aviation Regiment.

post-14882-1290977415.jpg

Here's the progression of the Morale patch for the Rough Riders A Company, 7th Battalion, 158th Aviation Regiment.

post-14882-1291118135.jpg

post-1424-1291522990.jpg

This has got to me my favorite one.

post-1424-1291523041.jpg

The "Blue Falcon." In the military, a Buddy F***er is someone who screws over another troop, either intentionally or unintentionally. Buddy Fu**er became "BF" and "Bravo Foxtrot" and then "Blue Falcon."

post-1424-1291523109.jpg

post-1424-1291523143.jpg

There's a flash-bang grenade in the center of the patch. Took me a minute to spot it. Also good advice from the doc on how to avoid VD. To the right is an infidel patch.

post-1424-1291523187.jpg

Not necessarily non-PC, but still cool.

Here's the progression of the Morale patch for the Rough Riders A Company, 7th Battalion, 158th Aviation Regiment.

A previous morale/commemorative patch using the Sikorsky Light Utility Transport Service (SLUTS) theme from A Co 1st Battalion, 168th Aviation Regiment, Command and Control (CAC), call sign 'Renegades.' Commemorating the unit’s deployment in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom (OEF) during 2007 to 2009.

post-14882-1291717103.jpg

Patchcollector

Man,those Air Cav guys in Nam did'nt beat around the bush did they?They just came out and said it(or embroidered it,in this case!) :D

post-13386-1291753056.jpg

What a GREAT thread. This is one I found, courtesy of 'RayFeinc', AkA "Rays Pogs and Patches" on ebay. He's got a BUNCH of 'em. I've bought from him before, too and he's a great guy to deal with. Reasonable pricing as well.

post-271-1292069424.jpg

Thanks Gil. Is this real one? Robert

Well, granted, it looks better, but the embroidery still looks computer generated.

Compare to this one on popasmoke

http://www.popasmoke.com/visions/image.php?source=2445

Also look at the period example of the HMM-362 unit patch on this yearbook page..

http://www.hmm-362.us/cruise_book_66.htm

They look to be fully embroidered. The novelty patch may have been made the same way.

Brooks AFB Acceleration Training.

this patch belongs to the Air Force Research Laboratory out of Brooks City - Base. one of the test they do there uses a centrifuge to test g-forces.

Brooks AFB was renamed in 2002 to Brooks City - Base.

Mark

We had a patch made on our last trip to Turkey, it's a small patch that goes on the small velcro patch on the left arm of the flight suit pencil pocket it says: " IBDCCMF " which means "I be D crew chief mutha f***er", we had it made after dealing with all the "ate up" active duty crew chiefs. :D

Scott

Patchcollector

Just found this while doing research on another patch,hard to believe that this was allowed to be worn!It's an oldie too.

post-13386-1293679787.jpg

I understand that this patch is from a Forward Air Controller (FAC) Unit during the Vietnam War. I also am told that the character is from a cartoon strip that ran in Playboy during this time. Anyway, this is more than just "Non-PC!" But I couldn't help but post it anyway, sorry...

post-14882-1293683535.jpg

I understand that this patch is from a Forward Air Controller (FAC) Unit during the Vietnam War. I also am told that the character is from a cartoon strip that ran in Playboy during this time. Anyway, this is more than just "Non-PC!" But I couldn't help but post it anyway, sorry...

This patch belongs to the 19th Tactical Air Support Squadron (Light)

Mark

JCFalkenbergIII
Leave it to the Air CAV! Here's a morale patch from D Troop, 1-17th CAV.

Air Cav and Aviation seems to be in second place behind the Air Force when it comes to these to types of patches. Robert

• 2 weeks later...

What gets me is that these patches were condoned from the get-go. It makes you wonder why some of these pilots became implicated for sexual harrassment/impropriety later in their careers. The Commander of the 90th FS that was courtmartialed several years ago comes to mind. I was already in the USAF when this patch came out, and it amazes me how times have changed!

-Ski

post-3043-1295043583.jpg

JCFalkenbergIII
What gets me is that these patches were condoned from the get-go. It makes you wonder why some of these pilots became implicated for sexual harrassment/impropriety later in their careers. The Commander of the 90th FS that was courtmartialed several years ago comes to mind. I was already in the USAF when this patch came out, and it amazes me how times have changed!

-Ski

I wonder too. There seems to so many out there that at least a blind eye was turned to them. Robert

• 2 weeks later...

I figured Id throw this into the thread. Not really the same as the others but deffinetly is not regulation. Nonetheless it was worn on a coat in Vietnam by a 9th div soldier.

9thdiv-1.jpg