CCC Camp Keosauqua Iowa

coastie

Just came back from visiting by folks and found my fater's group picture of CCC Camp Keosauqua, Iowa.

Captain W. H Owen the Company Commander (seated officer in center) went on to the Coastal Artillery Forces in the Phillipines (as a Major) became a POW through all the horrors of the Bataan Death March, and was lost at sea when his transport ship was torpedoed by one of our subs.

To the right of him is "Doc Hunter" who lived in Arkansas and later introduced my dad to his future wife, mymother, while dad was stationed at Camp Robinson, Ark..

In the group of guys with the white coats is my dad, he is the one to the far right.

post-87-1186348124.jpg

Just came back from visiting by folks and found my fater's group picture of CCC Camp Keosauqua, Iowa.

Captain W. H Owen the Company Commander (seated officer in center) went on to the Coastal Artillery Forces in the Phillipines (as a Major) became a POW through all the horrors of the Bataan Death March, and was lost at sea when his transport ship was torpedoed by one of our subs.

To the right of him is "Doc Hunter" who lived in Arkansas and later introduced my dad to his future wife, mymother, while dad was stationed at Camp Robinson, Ark..

In the group of guys with the white coats is my dad, he is the one to the far right.

Hey Chief,

Another great photo. That is a very sad story about Captain Owen. I remember your search trying to find out his fate.

Maybe you could post the other photo of him here.