Quadgard IV

P-E

Hello everybody,

Here's one rare protection of ths USMC I found for my collection some months ago, it's called "Quadgard IV" and it serves to protect USMC turret gunners ;

img_6711.jpg

img_6713.jpg

img_6716.jpg

(AN-PVS 14 is a dummy/fake)

Here's the different parts :

IMG_5814.JPG

IMG_5817.JPG

IMG_5829.JPG

Quadgard%20IV.jpg

This phase IV quadgard was produced in 4500 sets and sent in Iraq for usmc turret gunner. My set was some used, but was saved from the dustbin....So I'm happy to have the chance to preservate one for my collection !

The OSU team (Donna Branson is leader of team) that created the Quadgard :

équipe%20de%20développement%20du%20quadgard.jpg

armorPicture2.jpg

Here's pictures of experimentation's tests at Aberdeen ground facility :

full_body_armor_1.jpg

wallace.jpg

050425-N-7676W-008.jpg

050425-N-7676W-016.jpg

wallace2.jpg

full_body_armor_2.jpg

Experimentation's tests at Twentyne Palms ;

BRANSON.jpg

Here's what the seller told me about the arm protectors ;

"These arm protectors came to me by way of a friend that is in the Navy's Riverine unit. He shared living space with many Marines in Iraq on deployment in 2008-2009, and these were dumped and left behind by Marines leaving his FOB. He thought they were neat, so he shipped them home". He also told me marines called it "Robocop Armor".

And I found the trousers to another seller, but don't know their history....

I don't think this sort of protection is still in use. 4500 of them were manufactured and the full production was sent in Iraq since 2005. They were developped to be compatible with old style OTV, but do not think they are with MTV or SPC. But well, maybe I've wrong.

• 1 year later...

Smll update of my mannequin...Now miss me a replica of the M16 and some coyote brown pouches and it'll be full complete ! After this one, I'll end my T-pattern mannequin (but it'll take more time because it miss me a smaller mannequin, some pouches, one belt and black boots, and maybe also a gun replica).

img_2021.jpg

That's amazing, thanks for posting! I'll bet the Marines looked forward to wearing that in the heat (not that the added protection would have been welcome).

It really is reminiscent of ancient armor.