Neat CBI Photo Album with Blood Chit

duarte1223

I picked this one up at the flea market today for the grand sum of $10. Friday is the day to get there, as most of the vendors bring in their new stuff, and if you're friendly with them, they let you dig through their trucks before the stuff hits the tables. That's how I picked this beauty up, and I'm glad I did, the seller was going to chuck the pictures.

So here it is. It belonged to Calvert Scriber, a doctor attached to the 20th AAF in China, there are a few Scribers in the area, and I'm going to call them tomorrow to see if there is any relation.

The first page has some nicely preserved Chinese Butterflies.

post-101-1186194037.jpg

20th AAF patch, been in the same position so long it left an indentation into the sheet its on. Also, a picture of the Taj Mahal he took on leave.

post-101-1186194646.jpg

Adam nice flea market find! I would like to add that the chit is a souvenier chit sold by street vendors or such to military personnel it is not an official chit recognized by either the chinese or american government.These type's of things were made by locals to make a buck along with many other types of insignia