Uniforms

ww2vault

Hi,

I had a blast yesterday at a local costume shop that was going out of business. They have been open for over 32 years and let me tell you, over those 32 years they collected A LOT of costumes.

There had to be an easy 90 - 100 military uniforms there, and the owner told me he sold a lot more uniforms off to a surplus guy. He also told me that he had even more military uniforms in dead storage.

I was having an absolute field day yesterday, worth every second. My only regret is that I didn't buy more then two uniforms, which were only $15 a pop and $25 if they came with the pants. And what was even better was that most of the military uniforms there were named, I think the owner said most of the uniform he has was given to him by people over the years.

I ended up getting what I think is a Officers Army Air Corps jacket and a Navel Officers Jacket. The navel jacket has the date '42 written on the tag inside and the cuff patches indicate that he was a medical officer, while the air corps jacket has what looks to be a theater made, wool(?) air corps patch.

I wasn't expecting a costume store to carry real uniforms, I thought they would be made up. Really opened my eyes. Now the owner is putting everything that didn't sell onto Ebay, which is a truck full of costumes.

Here are pictures of the Army Air Corps jacket.

post-1090-1185975965.jpg

post-1090-1185976112.jpg

post-1090-1185976346.jpg

post-1090-1185976480.jpg