Show Your 1918 MkI Knuckles!

shocktrooper15

These are my 4 WWI Trench Knives. Both the M1918 have been personalized to the owner. The LF&C was found in an abandoned building being torn down in Nashville, Tn in the 1960's. I also have the steel sheath and canvas cover somewhere in all my boxes. The AU Lion has Curry, which is my last name. Another collector notified me it was on a sale list, back in the snail mail days, and I purchased it. The 2 M1917 are LF&C and AC CO. I use to buy these 1917 everytime I saw one and at one time had 5.

Enjoy them.

Outtair

Tim Curry

post-12381-1282058678.jpg

post-12381-1282058698.jpg

post-12381-1282058718.jpg

post-12381-1282058746.jpg

• 4 months later...
post-1109-1281208948.jpg

I have a few of the Trench knives. please find a picture of the ones I currently have. there are 2 of the 1917 LF&C ones with the extra pyramid on each in the pile. Also a few of the 1918 Mk 1 s

That is the KING of Collection's

WOW

I know it's been asked before, but for those who don't, PLEASE post your photos in the thread as opposed to linking to it at some crappy photo storage site. Later, when people look through these threads, it would be nice if they could see a picture of what is being refered to in the text, instead of relying on their imagination. Also, many of these sites seem to be infested with some sort of virus or other disease that slows my computer to a crawl and sometimes freezes it up altogether. Sure it's a 1949 Compumaster Deluxe, but I can't be the only one who dreads hunting down pictures in these horrid places.

The reason for my rant is my computer just froze and drop off the 'net altogether while looking for a linked photo in this thread at some site with Shack in the name.

Thank you

Here are my MK1s. The top was cut down and used by a US Marine on Saipan, the second I have no history on and the third was used by a trooper in 2/502.

MK1001.jpg

shocktrooper15

Great knives gentlemen! Thanks for sharing!

Bones:

Most paratroopers who were issued this knife filed down the side guard. Not all of them did (as proven by pictures). However, since the guard is filed down and came with a leather replacement sheath, I would say that it most likely has a history with a paratrooper.

post-9086-1295387323.jpg

• 7 years later...

attachicon.giftrenchers.jpg

I have a few of the Trench knives. please find a picture of the ones I currently have. there are 2 of the 1917 LF&C ones with the extra pyramid on each in the pile. Also a few of the 1918 Mk 1 s

Old topic, but want to ask @Ron Norman

Do you have a bigger (size) photo of that pile of knuckle knives in post #34?

I would love to use that picture as wallpaper if you're ok with that.

Thank you.

Best regards, Marc

• 2 weeks later...

Posted Image

For the 100 year anniversary, I am doing my version of the m1918. I had my handles cast out of titanium though.

I had a LF&C handled 3D scanned then corrected the flaws in the cast surface in the CAD. So they feel like an LF&C handle but a little smoother and more uniform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

955239b4fabec18c2136ada3d2428471.jpg

For the 100 year anniversary, I am doing my version of the m1918. I had my handles cast out of titanium though.

I had a LF&C handled 3D scanned then corrected the flaws in the cast surface in the CAD. So they feel like an LF&C handle but a little smoother and more uniform.

Are you doing replica blades also?

Are you doing replica blades also?

Oh yeah, these are just the raw castings