War and Peace, 2010, Beltring, England.

Sabrejet

hbtcoveralls

Thanks Sabrejet,

I only made it to Beltring once (2006) and would love to go back. It really is like nothing else anywhere. Thanks also for the shots of my friends in the 2nd Armored and their toys.

Tom Bowers

The Meatcan

Holy halftrack! Ian, thanks for posting all the pix. :thumbsup: What an awesome event! Looks like there was a great variety of vehicles of all nationalities there. In Post #7, is that a MAZ transporter in the background?

Terry

Hi Terry..thanks. Yes...I believe it is. There were quite a few Soviet vehicles in attendance. Since the Berlin Wall came down they former Soviet satellite states have integrated well in the European "family"...there were T-72s, T-54/55s, T-34s, various APCs and trucks, GAZ jeeps and an absolutely HUGE pontoon bridging vehicle. All in all, an awesome sight. I hope the pics convey something on the scale and variety of the event. Obviously, being a US board I focussed on the many American vehicles, but there were very many British and other European types too.

Ian

Thanks Sabrejet,

I only made it to Beltring once (2006) and would love to go back. It really is like nothing else anywhere. Thanks also for the shots of my friends in the 2nd Armored and their toys.

Tom Bowers

Thanks Tom...a happy coincidence!

Ian :thumbsup:

Corpsmancollector

Hi Ian,

Fantastic pictures! I'm afraid my Dad and I didn't manage to see half of what you've posted, too busy hunting bargains (short on the ground) and shooting the breeze with forum members! :thumbsup: This is a great overview and fills in the gaps!

All the best,

Will

Hi there 517th...I wondered if you might be there somewhere. It was a good show...more vehicles than ever and some notable firsts...I'm sure you'd have enjoyed it! Blwyddyn nesaf?!

Ian :thumbsup: