I assume these are sweetheart EGAs, am I correct?

USMCRECON

jeremiahcable

Those are sweetheart pieces. My wife wears a sterling version of this exact same pattern in the same dimensions on a red peacoat she has. They are neat pieces for that purpose, but that is all they are.

Jeremiah

teufelhunde.ret

Jeremiah, good to see you back. You didn't happen to stumble across one of Chesty's EGA's while you were in Virginia????? :D

I have also seen those emblems used in conjunction with or suspended from son in service bars, aviator wings and so forth. I have one as well, the detail and proportion are quite well done. I have some suspicion these may have been made as a submission to the QM office for approval/production in an earlier period, but, didn't pass muster. And thus became a product in the sweetheart market think.gif

What do you think Jereminah? S/F Darrell

• 1 month later...

There is nothing wrong with those EGAs and they do come in pairs! Here is a photo of them being worn in the late 1920's by LtCol Charles Sanderson.

post-1-1204416728.jpg

post-1315-1189291093.jpg

teufelhunde.ret

... an interesting conclusion, based on the one side view w/ limited detailing of the emblem visible. Anyone have a set of these pinbacks in service or dress finish to share w/ us?