My uniform collection, piece by piece.

Bones

This is a Korean War veteran of the 2nd Infantry Division. Was a member of a signal section. The patch on the left sleeve is the 8th Army. Besides armor what other uniforms do you request?

post-736-1186019565.jpg

This man was assigned to Compay D of the 350th Infantry Regiment of the 88th Infantry Division. The 88th had alot of Nebraska members. I also got his unit histories of both his regiment and division. Also a nice yard long picture of his company with him pointed out.

Excellent uniform you got. In the photo of the patch, it appears to be Emerlad green...is that correct.

I have two velvet patched coats, one is a deep dark blue and the other is a near black color.

Getting the unit histories, and photo with the uniform just adds to the group.

Excellent group!!!

Cheers

This is the second WW1 88th Infantry Division uniform that I have. This man was in the 350th Infantry Regiment F Company. The patch is identical to the earlier one and to anwer the above qestion it is dark blue possibly black in color.

post-736-1186265111.jpg

Now for some 45th ID uniforms. The first is a Korean war ike. This man served with the 180th Infantry Regiment. The DI's are pinback.

post-736-1186265398.jpg

Here is my best armor uniform. On this view of the right sleeve is an 8th Armored Division patch with a theater made Thundering Herd tab. This is German hand made.

post-736-1186266235.jpg

This uniform is part of a grouping I purchased some time ago. Father Siwinski served with various units during WW2. He has the distinction of serving the first Mass at the Pentagon. He also had the honor of observing the anniversary of his ordination twice. On December 8th he celebrated Mass in Australia and then crossed the date line and celebrated again in New Zealand on December 8.

post-736-1186267060.jpg

This is a picture of Father Siwinski receiving the Legion of Merit from Brigadier General Leon Johnson, a Medal of Honor winner.

post-736-1186267219.jpg

This is my only CBI officer's uniform. It is not named. This man was a transportation officer. All insignia except the collar brass is bullion theater made.

post-736-1186267374.jpg

This man was a mechanic that worked on airplanes in 14th Airforce in the CBI theater. I got a few pictures of some of the planes he worked on. Some with nose art.

post-736-1186268298.jpg

This uniform is nice in that the chevrons are the old felt on felt. The CBI patch is theater made along with the oversea bars.

post-736-1186268473.jpg

This man was a member of the local guard unit before the war. He went on to serve with the 1275th Engineer Battalion in the Pacific. He returned to the local guard unit after the war and became the band leader. This is his post WW2 uniform when the 134th Infantry Regiment was switched from the 35th Infantry Division to the 34th Infantry Division. This happened in the late 1940's.

post-736-1186268849.jpg