My uniform collection, piece by piece.

Bones

I am going to include this uniform also. It has been posted else where. This man served on the USS Winchester in WW1.

post-736-1185759371.jpg

Truly a collection of some fine uniforms you have there. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Maybe the TD soldier was sent to the MPs at war's end or early occupation?

You have no ASN or name in the jacket?

Erwin

I found this uniform in an antique shop during my travels. It is a mystery. There was never anything sewed to the right sleeve. It is just as I have found it. It is not named. Put together, probably. But if you read the uniform, it is possible. I like the cross stiching that holds the patches on.

Regarding the uniform in post #3. I also like the cross-stitching on the patches.

I do have to wonder, though, how a CIB ended up on an MP jacket. I might be wrong buy, in WW-II I don't think the MPs were elligible for award of the CIB. I suppose anything is possible. Perhaps he was in the infantry and transfered or was transfered to the MP branch???.

Again, I love the cross-stitching!

This man was assigned to an Ordnance Compay in the Pacific Theater.

Looks like he was on Leyte and Luzon during the Philippine Liberation campaign.

Assigned to ordnance unit of the Sixth Army.

CB

The guy who made the knife was a character. He told me he made Sgt but never sowed his stripes on. I see from his discharge he made T5 but he never bothered to sow the stripes on. He was in the 509th Ordnance Heavy Maintenance Company. Yes, he was in the Philippines.

I don't have much on this uniform was in the pacific in the armored forces. I don't mean to degrade his service. When I was younger I didn't research things like I should of.

post-736-1185932882.jpg

This is an occuptation ike of the 2nd Armored Division. This man was assigned to the 48th Armored Medical Battalion. Another very purdy DI.

post-736-1185933430.jpg

This man's uniform was from a high school classmates father. He was assigned to the 127th AAA Battalion. They served mostly with the 9th Army. I have had this for some time. The DI's are plastic theater made, I think British.

post-736-1185934477.jpg

This was posted under my display but this is the correct place for it. I loved seeing this man set up at flea markets. He sold old tools but one day I talked him out of this uniform. I still does not talk about the war. He came home and farmed.

post-736-1185934781.jpg

This man was a veteran of the 2nd Infantry Division and then was transfered to the 75th Infantry Division. This could have happened after he was wounded.

post-736-1186018593.jpg