WWI New York State Service Medal - serial numbers

Andypants

Hello all,

I'm new enough here as you can tell, and so apologies if this question has been asked before, (I searched but found nothing). Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has any information on how to research these serial numbers (or where to look), as up to know I have had no luck!

I currently have two of these lovely looking medals #14571 and #8727(4) - this last digit is struck deep and so is very hard to make out.

many thanks in advance for any help or advice

all the best,

Andy

14571 was issued in 1921, but no recipient recorded. 87274 was issued in 1921-22, but not recoded either.

The partial rolls have ben published as an OMSA monograph "For Merit, Service and Valor", in two volumes. The WWI Conspicuous Service Cross rolls are fairly complete, but the service medal rolls are, at best, partial.

14571 was issued in 1921, but no recipient recorded. 87274 was issued in 1921-22, but not recoded either.

The partial rolls have ben published as an OMSA monograph "For Merit, Service and Valor", in two volumes. The WWI Conspicuous Service Cross rolls are fairly complete, but the service medal rolls are, at best, partial.

Thank you Jeff very much for the swift reply, the information is much appreciated

Andy