Occupy that bridge!

Proud Kraut

Cobrahistorian

Lars,

Wow, for a first diorama, you really hit this one out of the park! Between you, 37thGuy, and Retired, I'm starting to want to build some armor!

Out of curiosity, do you use an oil wash to bring out the details on your figures or another method?

Too cool!

.... now where's that 48th scale Deuce and a half I started.....

Proud Kraut

Thank you all very much for your kind comments!

@ Kenny: I must admit, that the black cat on the turret's back is an decal, that was part of the M 10 kit. Painting this would be far beyond my skills

@ Jon: Once you have started with the tanks, you will get infected, I promise! No, I didn't use any oil colors yet. I painted the figures with email colors. After they have dried, I washed them with a very liquid mix of brown and black acrylic paints. (For O/D or Panzer-gray vehicles I use a mix of White and tan acrylic paints). I dryed the washing with a piece of cloth. Finally I brushed the figures with a tan color. But being not too happy with the results of the skin painting, I defenitely will try the oil paint method as well.

I'm looking forward to see your truck soon here!

Lars

Cobrahistorian

Lars,

It's been a while since I've built a tank, but now that Tamiya has started their 1:48th line, I'm much more inclined to do so. Steve Zaloga taught me a trick with oil washes that I've used on my figures and tanks. I'll see about posting pics of my M8 HMC in 35th at some point.

I'd intended on rebuilding one of my 35th Shermans as the 9th Armored Division tank at Chateau Clervaux and you may have provided the inspiration to get back to it!

Jon

• 1 year later...