Occupy that bridge!

Proud Kraut

Wow, great work Lars! :bravo: The figures, the vehicles, the buildings, all of it so very well done. That was a LOT of work and it looks great.

Great diorama with lots of action. I have to agree with you that M12 is a nice looking and very detailed model. After seeing your model, I am going to have to stop looking at the M12 kit that I have and actually build it.

Dennis

Proud Kraut

Terry, Dennis, thank you very much for your kind comments. Yes, I think I spent about 8-10 hours for the diorama without tanks and figures. Really time to slow down otherwise I'll get in trouble with the family...

This two tanks were the last Sherman variants I wanted to build for now. I have another German tank diorama in progress, that I can't post here, needless to say. Problem was to display the M 10 and the M 12 on one diorama. I thought it would make most sence in a "moving" scene. Finding this diorama online, the "meet on the bridge" idea was born. When I was a young guy, I recall seeing a picture of a diorama with two soldiers in a boxing match. I don't recall the builder or any details and couldn't find it on the www. I just thought the boxing match could bring a little action to my diorama.

Thanks again for your kind comments!

Lars

Misanthropic_Gods

Great detail, and I LOVE the idea of the 2 commanders "duking it out" over who gets to cross the bridge first! I was impressed with the little details in the model, like the way the smoke in the building on the right stained the building exterior outside the windows, a lot of people dirty em up but forget to do things like that. Did you use paint or charcoal to discolor it like that?

Outstanding job, and thats a lot coming from someone who doesnt comment much in the modeling section!

MG

Proud Kraut

Thank you very much, MG! I first painted the house ruins with Acrylic paint. After they have dried, I paintbrush the other colors (i.e. the black dust) with a nearly dry brush. The white cement between the bricks is "washed" with very fluid white paint. The bullet holes are simply drilled with a knife point.

Lars

I love a diorama that tells a story... not the story we know... WWII... D-Day... Drive on Germany... Allies win... but the back story... one of the million little happenings that made up the whole. The humorous little things that disappear in the madness that is war. This is one of those silly things that you just KNOW happened....

Fantastic Dio!!!!

Wayne

Lars

Great looking diorama Your workmanship is outstanding the details are great.

Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work

Tom

Proud Kraut

Quest Master and jpstout, thank you both very much for your kind words!!!

ps-I am wagering on the guy in the t-shirt!

...probably, not because he's taller by a head but he's the artilleryman. :lol:

My bet is on the TD guy ........ Hit 'n Run! B)

Or even better .... Seek Strike Destroy!

Very nice diorama.

Erwin

Proud Kraut
My bet is on the TD guy ........

Thank you, Erwin! I knew you would jump in now at the latest :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice work! I love dioramas and my one wish is I had the time and patience to get into this side of military displays and collecting! In that one photo I feel like I am actually standing beside the 88 watching the fight! Amazing!!

Congrats on a real work of art!

Rick

Proud Kraut
Nice work! I love dioramas and my one wish is I had the time and patience to get into this side of military displays and collecting! In that one photo I feel like I am actually standing beside the 88 watching the fight! Amazing!!

Congrats on a real work of art!

Rick

Rick, thank you very much - vielen Dank!

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic Display Very Detailed !! Amazing workmanship..

Very Nice Indeed and a lot of hours and effort and also work put into making all of those buldings, and tanks, and figures,

Well worth doing :thumbsup: .. Thumbs Up From Me.. :thumbsup: ..

Excellent Display!!

Proud Kraut
Fantastic Display Very Detailed !! Amazing workmanship..

Very Nice Indeed and a lot of hours and effort and also work put into making all of those buldings, and tanks, and figures,

Well worth doing :thumbsup: .. Thumbs Up From Me.. :thumbsup: ..

Excellent Display!!

Thank you very much for your kind words, 1944. I appreciate it!

Thank you very much for your kind words, 1944. I appreciate it!

Your very welcome my friend keep that good work up you have got a talent there for sure :)

Very Nice Display :thumbsup: Top Marks.. from me.. Tumbs Up

Greetings From Ireland.

Regards Tomás

• 8 months later...