Occupy that bridge!

Proud Kraut

Proud Kraut

Hi Folks! After building a couple of models, I have tried to build my first diorama now. Here is the result...

...1944/45, somewhere on the Western Front. In an occupied, heavily destroyed city U.S troops have to use one of the few intact bridges. A M 12 howitzer and a M 10 Tank Destroyer reach one of these bridges simultaneously. Both claim to be first. For whatever reason neither of them drives back. The situation escalates and the Tank commanders continue their discussion in a different way...

Dior.jpg

Proud Kraut

I was looking for a diorama for a while. It should be large enough for two vehicles. Also it should „fit“ on Western and Eastern front. I found this one on ebay. It's made of unpainted plaster/cast.

This is the diorama before painting.

Dio1.jpg

Proud Kraut

THE TANKS: Let's start with the M 10. It's an AFV Club model. One of the most detailed models I have built ever. Great turret and chassis interior, with a metal gun.

M10a.jpg

Proud Kraut

I found this Academy M 12 by chance last month. Incredible details including cable hauling for the rear plate (term?). A stunning model, I love it!!!

M12a.jpg

Proud Kraut

Back to the diorama. The two crews are a mix of Verlinden, Mini Arts, Tamiya and Italeri figures. Some close-ups.

Dio4.jpg

The Meatcan

:w00t: that's a LOT of work there Lars! It all looks pretty cool. I like your weathering on the armor. I think your structures turned out pretty nice too. A very nice job! How many hours do you think you spent total?

Terry