2 replies to this topic

#1 jjdevi1

jjdevi1
  • Inactive
    • Member ID: 857
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 04:50 AM

All,

I have a question that has been bugging me for quite a while maybe someone can shed some light on it.

I have a known, legit WW1 Navy Aviator's tunic in my collection that does not have the 3x's sewen over the shield. However, I have seen several that have the 3 x's over the shield. At what point were the x's added on the shield?

Thanks,

John

#2 cbuehler

cbuehler
  • Members
    • Member ID: 643
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:00 AM

While there are several known ww2 era types of bullion wings, when you get into the pre war or ww1 era bullion wings, in many if not most cases, it may be impossible to tell just when it was made. Although I do not know for sure, I would think those x's you are refering to may also just be manufacturers variations, no matter what the books or "experts" say.

CB

#3 jjdevi1

jjdevi1
  • Inactive
    • Member ID: 857
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:14 PM

While there are several known ww2 era types of bullion wings, when you get into the pre war or ww1 era bullion wings, in many if not most cases, it may be impossible to tell just when it was made. Although I do not know for sure, I would think those x's you are refering to may also just be manufacturers variations, no matter what the books or "experts" say.

CB

CB,

Thanks!!!! You are confirming what Chris Norman on this board and I are going round and round about!!!! We're good friends, and this has turned into a chicken and egg sort of thing! LOL

John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users