• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mark M

Mark M
  • Members
    • Member ID: 569
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 04:21 PM

Does anyone recognise this ribbon? Twice in two days it has shown up on two different USMC uniforms. It looks like an Occupation Service ribbon, but the sizes are wrong. ANy help would be appreciated.

The last ribbon on this bar:

Ribbon_01.jpg

I know the order of this bar is totally wacked, including what looks like a double EAME ribbon, but there the mystery ribbon is again.

Ribbon_02.jpg

#2 Bagman

Bagman
  • IN MEMORIAM
    • Member ID: 545
  • 363 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:43 PM

Don't like to expose my ignorance to the world, and I don't know what the mystery ribbon is, but aren't the PUC's on both uniforms upside down?

Bagman

#3 Laury Allison

Laury Allison
  • Members
    • Member ID: 1,365
  • 701 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:14 PM

Don't like to expose my ignorance to the world, and I don't know what the mystery ribbon is, but aren't the PUC's on both uniforms upside down?

Bagman

They are. I think the order or precedence may be off some too. I'm not sure what the mystery ribbon is either, but I'm thinking it may be a foreign award???

Laury
http://www.usmilitar...tyle_emoticons/default/think.gif

#4 JBFloyd

JBFloyd
  • Members
    • Member ID: 293
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 05:50 AM

You'll these referred as the "China Liberation Medal". They were local awards made by a Chinese general in the CBI theater and never accepted by the US government. I've seen the ribbon one on unofficial ribbon chart of the period and then it disappeared.

#5 Mark M

Mark M
  • Members
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 07:52 AM

You'll these referred as the "China Liberation Medal". They were local awards made by a Chinese general in the CBI theater and never accepted by the US government. I've seen the ribbon one on unofficial ribbon chart of the period and then it disappeared.

Jeff

Thanks! I did a quick search on it and here is what I turned up:

The World War II China War Commemorative Medal

The medal was issued by the Republic of China to any American or other member of the Allied Forces who served in the China Theater for at least 30 days between September 1939 and September 1948. The China Theater was defined as mainland China, Formosa, any part of the CBI Theater, and the waters of the Yellow Sea, or East and South China Sea. Also included is service in the Philippines, and participation in the Okinawa operation. The medal is no longer issued by the Republic of China.

Mark

Edited by Mark M, 22 July 2007 - 07:56 AM.

#6 Mark M

Mark M
  • Members
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:20 AM

Forum members:

You are in the MEDALS & DECORATIONS "Reference Section". This area is where posts from the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (http://www.usmilitar.....?showforum=83) are moved for permanent retention and education about the history of the various U.S. medals and military decorations.

As time moves forward, some of these posts may have additional information added to them by the moderators of this section. We ask for your input as well, especially in the correction of any erroneous information that may have inadvertently be posted..

We encourage further comments about this post and its content. In order to do so, you will need to start a new post in the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (here: http://www.usmilitar.....?showforum=83). And, as needed, we will be pleased to move any new and / or valued information that is derived from your post (and subsequent comments) into this reference area as its own standing post.

Please be advised: posting and / or editing is restricted on this post to moderator's and forum staff.

Sincerely,
Chris / ADMIN

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users