Fake Patton Military ID

aaf8

I emailed him and I wasn't polite about it.

The words greedy, thief, and fraudulent came into play. I got the same, "thank you, I'll look into it" reply.

Ebay does that automatically when an auction amount reaches a certain level. I don't remember what it is...I think it's $500....it could be even less though, I can't remember.

Laury

NOPE !

When auctions reach a certain amount it lists bidders as bidder 1, bidder 2 etc etc

When it's listed as user ID kept PRIVATE it's the SELLER that has requested the auction to be that way

CNY Militaria

I sent him an email explaining why its a repro. He said he went over it with a magnifying glass but couldn't see the wording I mentioned. I think he is playing dumb at this point!

Well, lets play it his way. He believes the ID is genuine. Than it must have been taken from the estate. Now he is dealing in stolen goods. Which crime would he rather be charge with?

$3000.00 and climbing! I just reported it to eBay as well. Too bad there is not a way to direct them to the other auction so they can compare the two cards.

I'm beginning to think, based on the bids and frequency, this is a crock. thumbdown.gif

I would hope any collector with this kind of money would have enough sense to wonder how Patton's ID card would end up on eBay.

AND, if it were real, and you were selling it, would you use eBay?? Without a reserve yet??

I would say the majority of these bids (if not all) are schill bids. He may be wishing for that one fool with deep pockets.

CNY Militaria

I bet someone with an extra account threw in a huge bid to keep someone real from winning it...Then the seller gets to pay some nice fees! Then go through that long unpaid item process!

It's pretty clear from his own auction pictures that someone tried to rub out the stamp clearly identifying it as a repro. So, he can't not know it is fake.

Jeffrey Magut

I just sent a quick e-mail to the legal department at CMG Worldwide Inc. who represent the Estate of George S. Patton, Jr. It is their TM info which was obliterated from the card in the auction. Possible infringement of intellectual property rights tends to make the attorneys sit up and take notice .

CNY Militaria

Lets hope they take some kind of action! Its not like the selelr didn't know what he was doing by now.

Lets hope they take some kind of action! Its not like the selelr didn't know what he was doing by now.

WHAT A CROCK OF S--T !! It's up OVER 5K NOW with 3 hours to go !!

All I can say is if the BIDDER gets away with it, then EBAY is FULL OF CRAP !! thumbdown.gif

If the BUYER is STUPID ENOUGH to let his GREED over rule his COMMON SENSE and thought process, then he NEEDS TO GET BURNED AS WELL !! laughing1.gif

Stuff like this just MAKES ME SICK !!

ADAM2001

Well, there is indeed a sucker born every minute!!

I just watched this close for $10,000.00. Now I'm pretty sure this has to be a crock. If someone is truly this stupid, they deserve it.

Hey Justin, will you take $500 for that card?? w00t.gif

WHAT A CROCK OF S--T !! It's up OVER 5K NOW with 3 hours to go !!

All I can say is if the BIDDER gets away with it, then EBAY is FULL OF CRAP !! thumbdown.gif

If the BUYER is STUPID ENOUGH to let his GREED over rule his COMMON SENSE and thought process, then he NEEDS TO GET BURNED AS WELL !! laughing1.gif

Stuff like this just MAKES ME SICK !!

ADAM2001

AUCTION JUST CLOSED. FINAL PRICE WAS $10,000 !!

I bet the SELLER is R.O.T.F.L.H.A.O. !! laughing1.gif GOD, WHAT STUPID PEOPLE !!

ADAM2001

CNY Militaria

I am willing to sell my card to anyone here for $5,000. PM if interested!

hehehehe.