British-tailored Uniforms!

FW12

The USN Uniform thread made me think that a thread devoted only to British-tailored American uniforms should be started. Any uniform that was fully tailored in England or even just a partially tailored uniform (say a cut-down ike) should be shown here. I look forward to seeing all the ones that ya'll on the forum have. I'll start it off with a couple of ones I currently own and have owned. Show 'em if you got 'em!

Beau

This ike belonged to the same officer as above. Notice that he took this Enlisted tunic, had them cut it down, added the subdued plastic buttons as well as the cuff straps (which are more typical of Australian tailored ikes). Interesting one!

post-88-1184887265.jpg

post-88-1184887377.jpg

"Raman"-tailored ike belonging to 2nd Lt. Laverne Miller of the 564th Bomb Squadron of the 384th Bomb Group. Gotta love that red lining!

post-88-1184887669.jpg

post-88-1184887708.jpg

No one? Ok, I'll do another!

8th Air Force officer's cut down ike. Beautiful bullion-on-felt patch. Interesting how the cuffs of the jacket are of a different material than the rest. Additionally, the bars are brit-made as well.

post-88-1184898269.jpg

post-88-1184898313.jpg

No one? Ok, I'll do another!

8th Air Force officer's cut down ike. Beautiful bullion-on-felt patch. Interesting how the cuffs of the jacket are of a different material than the rest. Additionally, the bars are brit-made as well.

Beau,

Nice thread and awesome jackets. Question for you. Is the PUC on this one something odd or just unframed? A close up would be great.

Thanks again,

Jake Powers

Beau,

Nice thread and awesome jackets. Question for you. Is the PUC on this one something odd or just unframed? A close up would be great.

Thanks again,

Jake Powers

Hey Jake,

On that one, the frame had come off. As a matter of fact, that PUC was of English construction, with the distinctive pinback assembly.

• 16 years later...
SeaDog30
On 7/19/2007 at 6:28 PM, FW12 said:

"Raman"-tailored ike belonging to 2nd Lt. Laverne Miller of the 564th Bomb Squadron of the 384th Bomb Group. Gotta love that red lining!

post-88-1184887669.jpg

post-88-1184887708.jpg

I have his Class A tunic.

• 1 month later...
On 7/19/2007 at 6:28 PM, FW12 said:

post-88-1184887669.jpg

post-88-1184887708.jpg

I have his Class A tunic.  Anyone here have this?