Patches in action: Photos of SSI being worn by the troops.

Teamski

I've looked at this one and wondered if he qualified for a 2nd CIB. Thoughts

He was Infantry, commissioned out of the Point in 1937, so my guess is the CIB is for WWII, don't know yet his unit as he was a Lt Col, probably a Battalion Commander, In Korea? perhaps then in a high staff postion, one of the Corps or maybe Eighth Army.

His 1944 O listing.

post-34986-0-25320400-1568342013.png

ERROR ON THAT O LISTING.

We can no longer DELETE images if we make a mistake.

Members of the 82nd Airborne Division sporting full color SSI and RANGER tabs on their ACU's during a recent ceremony in Holland marking the 75th anniversary of Operation Market Garden.

post-1761-0-58795000-1568980902.jpg

post-1761-0-67120600-1568980913.jpg

post-1761-0-04646400-1568980923.jpg

Army Aviation Center & School SSI worn by a corporal with a Navy Combat Air Crew Badge and ribbons for the Navy Good Conduct Medal and I believe on of the Navy Marksmanship Medals.

post-1761-0-51466500-1569355832_thumb.jpg

easterneagle87

Army Material Command SSI worn by an Ordnance Corps officer with an Expert Infantryman Badge and Navy/Marine Corps Parachutist Badge

I really do like to see the inter-service wear of awards, OK, so this guy is a bird colonel, however... he's wearing the Navy/Marine para wings over the EIB. Looking this up, the order (according to DA PAM 670-1 - which doesn't even include the wear of these wings by the way) goes: Class 1: Infantry/Combat (CIB EIB CAB), Class 2, Medical (CMB EMB) Class 3, Aviation wings and Class 4, Airborne / Air Assault, EOD etc

Wouldn't the Nav/Mar para wing beconsidered a Class 4? I know they are bigger and prettier than standard jump wings, but they are not flight wings. OH yea, the old running jodie .. My recruiter told me a lie, join the Airborne and learn to fly,.. does not apply ;). From what I've seen over the years, The Nav/Mar guys wear the Diver badge above these wings.

Yeah I know I'm picky, so someone answer the kid's question, "why does he look this way?"