M7 Bayonet Question

Bank Vault

Greg Robinson
How do you tell if a M7 is Vietnam era or not?

Only by the maker can you tell and that's not foolproof. M7's maker marked "BOC" and "CONETTA" are pretty safe for being Viet Nam vintage. Some of the MILPAR's are but some aren't. Some of the early M7's with COLT markings are Viet Nam but there are reproductions of those around. And FZR is probably from that period. So I guess if I wanted a for sure "Nam" M7 I'd buy either a BOC or CONETTA. Both are relativel easy to find.

Greg Robinson
are they worth what a standard M7 is? and is PWH on the scabbard a matching?

All M7's are basically worth the same except for maker FZR and the ones with the COLT logo on the blade. And any maker M8A1 scabbard is correct with an M7.

Greg

BOB K. RKSS

I don't know about any repros being made, but Blade Marked "COLT" with Horse Logo are for sure Vietnam era, & the ones marked "COLT ArmaLite", & "COLT" (no logo) made by Universal Industries are the first made in 1961). Colt had other blade marked: made by Eickhorn in Germany, Imperial in Rhode Island, & some made by Milpar.

Greg Robinson
I don't know about any repros being made, but Blade Marked "COLT" with Horse Logo are for sure Vietnam era, & the ones marked "COLT ArmaLite", & "COLT" (no logo) made by Universal Industries are the first made in 1961). Colt had other blade marked: made by Eickhorn in Germany, Imperial in Rhode Island, & some made by Milpar.

That's correct. The only reproductions I've seen have been made by Carl Eickhorn in Germany. The others Bob refers to are legit Viet Nam vintage bayonets. The Armalite ones with green plastic handles are very rare and expensive.

A good Viet Nam vintage bayonet is the M6 for the M14 rifle so long as it's USGI and has the defence acceptance stamp on the guard. Marines carried these up until the late 1960's.

Greg

• 7 months later...

Nice!!!

This is all the questions I had on Colt bayonets answered!!!

I want to get an Armalite version

Are those scarce???