5 replies to this topic

#1 Bank Vault

Bank Vault

BANNED

• Banned
    • Member ID: 1,216
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:28 PM

This one has puzzled me for a couple years. I bought this in a junk shop where you can make it or they fake it. Well I bought this and I think it was given to a Colonel or a Navy Captain. Any thoughts?

Attached Images

• 06_24_2007_fishinggt_001.jpg
  • 06_24_2007_fishinggt_002.jpg
  • 06_24_2007_fishinggt_003.jpg
  • 06_24_2007_fishinggt_004.jpg

#2 Kevin Beyer

Kevin Beyer

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 276
  • 846 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 03:43 AM

This one has puzzled me for a couple years. I bought this in a junk shop where you can make it or they fake it. Well I bought this and I think it was given to a Colonel or a Navy Captain. Any thoughts?

This is a Past Officer's Jewel for a member of the United Spanish War Veterans. Having served the organization at the Camp level (as denoted by the blue stripes on either side of the flag ribbon), they would be awarded a badge like this to denote their former status.

Just as often as not, I have seen these engraved on the reverse of the middle bar. Badges such as this one are fairly common. However, they do bring between $50 and $150 on eBay depending on the day, time of year, and whether or not the big spenders have their eyes on other items.

It is an attractive medal and makes for a nice addition to any Spanish American War related collection.

Kevin

#3 Bank Vault

Bank Vault

BANNED

• Banned
    • Member ID: 1,216
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:28 AM

A past officer in the Spanish American War Veterans or past offiver in the military? Spanish American War Vets would be like the American Legion or VFW right?

#4 JBFloyd

JBFloyd
  • Members
    • Member ID: 293
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 08:34 AM

A past officer in the USWV. He could have held any rank in the military.

#5 Mark M

Mark M
  • Members
    • Member ID: 569
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:37 AM

Forum members:

You are in the MEDALS & DECORATIONS "Reference Section". This area is where posts from the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (http://www.usmilitar.....?showforum=83) are moved for permanent retention and education about the history of the various U.S. medals and military decorations.

As time moves forward, some of these posts may have additional information added to them by the moderators of this section. We ask for your input as well, especially in the correction of any erroneous information that may have inadvertently be posted..

We encourage further comments about this post and its content. In order to do so, you will need to start a new post in the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (here: http://www.usmilitar.....?showforum=83). And, as needed, we will be pleased to move any new and / or valued information that is derived from your post (and subsequent comments) into this reference area as its own standing post.

Please be advised: posting and / or editing is restricted on this post to moderator's and forum staff.

Sincerely,
Chris / ADMIN

#6 Mark M

Mark M
  • Members
    • Member ID: 569
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 03:19 PM

Forum members:

You are in the MEDALS & DECORATIONS "Reference Section". This area is where posts from the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (http://www.usmilitar.....?showforum=83) are moved for permanent retention and education about the history of the various U.S. medals and military decorations.

As time moves forward, some of these posts may have additional information added to them by the moderators of this section. We ask for your input as well, especially in the correction of any erroneous information that may have inadvertently be posted..

We encourage further comments about this post and its content. In order to do so, you will need to start a new post in the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (here: http://www.usmilitar.....?showforum=83). And, as needed, we will be pleased to move any new and / or valued information that is derived from your post (and subsequent comments) into this reference area as its own standing post.

Please be advised: posting and / or editing is restricted on this post to moderator's and forum staff.

Sincerely,
Chris / ADMIN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users