Photo Restoration

jjdevi1

Does anybody know of anyone who restores old photos? I have a real nice panaromic (sic) photo of the 11th Divisions 31st MG company that have a crack running down the right side. Also have one of the 56th Searchlight Engineers that is rolled and brittle. Does anyone know where I could get these restored/conserved?

Thanks,

John

Bob Hudson

Do a google search for photograph restoration and you can find lots of places that will scan you originals and make a restored digital copy. The "clone" tool in Photoshop actually makes it quite easy to do that.

As for non-digital restoration of an original photograph, well it's almost impossible anymore to find anyone who does that and if you did find someone I am sure it would cost many times as much as digital restoration and even then they usually re-photographed your original and then worked by hand on the negative and finally made a new photographic print.

• 3 weeks later...

Check you local yellow pages or the nearest good size city. My wife had a picture of her grandparents restored and had no problem finding someone here. But be forewarned it is very expensive, if you are just doing it to have a better picture and there is no family attachment you will end up with more in it than it is worth. Your best bet is doing it yourself with Photo Shop.

Laury Allison
Does anybody know of anyone who restores old photos? I have a real nice panaromic (sic) photo of the 11th Divisions 31st MG company that have a crack running down the right side. Also have one of the 56th Searchlight Engineers that is rolled and brittle. Does anyone know where I could get these restored/conserved?

Thanks,

John

My Dad had a local place do my Grandfather's WWI unit photo. It's one of those long photos that had been rolled for probably 80 years or more. They did a really great job and were able to duplicate the pieces that had fallen away over the years. He had both the original and a reprint framed.....they came out great!

Check your local yellow pages or check with a local framing shop. If they aren't able to do it, I'm sure they will know of someone reputable in your area.

Laury