USMC Sweetheart Items

teufelhunde.ret

Stinger Gunner USMC

Last piece from my Grandfather. This was given to my great grandmother also

post-1672-1210362535.jpg

Stinger Gunner USMC

Some other pieces from my collection. The first is an 18K ring. Second is a sterling necklace pendent. I bought this for my wife and she wore it while I was in the service

post-1672-1210362603.jpg

post-1672-1210362675.jpg

Stinger Gunner USMC

First up is an officer Cover size H&H emblem, pin back with rhinestones. Second is a couple of bracelets;

post-1672-1210362714.jpg

post-1672-1210362736.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Here are a couple more pieces I picked up in Raleigh. The one on the left has no means to be attached to a chain, and thus I think that it's the entire piece. Rear marked with a shield with a 'K' and something else in it (J?), and Sterling. I think it may predate WWII as it's an M26 emblem, even though the pattern was still used into WWII by many Sweetheart producers. Any opinions?

Second piece I think is WWII, ill-defined continents and unmarked. Any ideas?

Show_SH_Fronts.JPG

Show_SH_Rears.JPG

teufelhunde.ret
hallmark...whose?

I think a new topic "who's hallmark" might get an answer or reply, as I have not seen this on EGA's before.

Here's another new addition. M20 clipped wing bird, very heavily polished over the years, notice the worn details and continents. Post has snapped off and a pin has been soldered on, instead, too small, I think, for collar use considering the stiff neck. What do you think, a conversion to sweetheart/lapel pin?

Clipped_SH_Front.JPG

Clipped_SH_Rear.JPG

• 1 month later...

Picked this up on eBay last week. It appears to be an unfinished M37 dress emblem with a ring added to make it a charm for a bracelet. However, it's a little bit smaller than the standard M37, just a bit, maybe maker size I'm yet to find, and the back looks a little more round like an overfilled mold perhaps? What do you guys think?

Charm_Front.JPG

Charm_Rear.JPG

teufelhunde.ret

An oddity for sure and I like it. Perhaps a charm for bracelet? I too have a few of the m37 that a tab bit smalller... and have been left wondering? It would appear to have been burnished / polished for the use your indicating. Not sure from the picture, is the suspension ring a solid piece? Perhaps that is an indication of its intended use? s/f Darrell

• 2 weeks later...

it's the hallmark of K.Co." hallmark for "Kinney and Co." of provenance RI., a maker known to wing collectors

• 2 months later...
teufelhunde.ret

Must admit, I'm a sucker for these pins - saw this at auction some weeks back and could not resist. The details are amazing, perhaps better in some respects than its big brother. Modeled after the 1930's EGA emblem for the Barracks Cover.

ega_lapel_010.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

best i can do at the moment.. it is the same size as collar/side hat insignia, but it just doesn't look right to me.. maybe sweet heart..

post-4106-1231559296.jpg

post-4106-1231559304.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

here are a bunch more. Most came with that collection I bought last fall, some additions over the months... First two, H&H made pieces based off their EGA dies with rhinestones. Most of the Rhinestones on the officer piece are missing (all but one). The enlisted piece is tarnished but only missing 2 or 3.

the next two pieces I believe are also WWII, if anyone can confirm. Similar to Army models of the same make, both are marked sterling.

second row. first piece, WWII? Cheaply made, red white and blue paint with some small cheap 'plastic' jewels in it. Nothing spectacular. The second piece I think is also WWII. Nice USMC diamond on a chain to a cheap metal and plastic jewel piece that says "US Marine Corps Aviation". Diamond is marked H&H Sterling and Gold Fill

Second row third piece, I believe WWI or 1920s. Old style EGA on a disc, screwback. Third piece I was going to guess 1930s because of the droop winged bird, but I recently saw one dated 1942, so WWII using old regulation emblem style. The solder on the very bottom of the charm is gone, so it's now in two halves, marked sterling

Third row, first piece. Light and cheap like tin or aluminum, Hong Kong marked on the pin. M56 emblem, my guess is Vietnam or more current. Any other opinions on this piece?

Last piece, a Sgt chevron, unmarked, c-clasp. Guessing WWII or before, but I'm not even sure if it's USMC?? Or even US? came in that large Marine group. opinions?

SHs_Fronts.JPG

here's another puffy heart charm I just got in, this one is named to a 'Louise' and dated 1942, showing that the droop wing birds were used on sweetheart pieces even after they left the uniform regs

1AnchorGlobe.jpg

1AnchorGlobeA.jpg

1AnchorGlobeB.jpg