Guadalcanal Diorama, 1:35 Scale

Old Marine

Dennis

Outstanding diorama.The details and figures are simply amazing.That Banzai charge is making the hair on my mellon stand up.

RON

post-2843-1268447324.jpg

The Diorama measures 11x14 inches, the trees stand 12 inches. The figures are the old 1:32nd scale Airfix multi-pose figures, that have been heavily altered. Each figure was cut up and repositioned to relate to what is going on around him. The Machine gun is a "Commander's Brass" 1:32nd scale piece, those are a bit expensive, but worth it, the detail is exquisite.

There are 20 Japanese and 3 Marine figures. The foliage is, sticks, roots, paper, brass, feathers and anything else I could find that looked right. Everything was painted with model acrylics and Gouache.

Thanks for the nice comments.

Dennis

Dennis,

This is truly magnificent! Great detail in every respect.

I have to agree, this should be in a museum. :thumbsup:

I keep seeing more details everytime I look.

Really like the added C-ration crate in the MG crew position.Also the empty ammo can and other boxes.

RD

BigJohn#3RD
I keep seeing more details everytime I look.

Really like the added C-ration crate in the MG crew position.Also the empty ammo can and other boxes.

RD

Truly an outstanding piece of modeling. It is something to be truly proud of and well worth your effort. A great tribute to the warriors it represents. Thank you for sharing.

Regards

John

Dennis

Outstanding diorama. The groundwork, the painting and the fine details are something to behold. You are truly a master modeler

Semper Fi

Tom

Outstanding diorama, Dennis! Wonderful story-telling as well to bring this piece of that fight to life! You are a Master Modeler. Thanks for sharing it. Semper Fi......Bob

Wow !!!! Reminds me of one of my favorite movies as a Kid ! The Pride of the Marines ! I think Thats Al Schmid with the .45 A Navy cross winner from Philly!!!! Makes me want to find it on DVD!!! GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Scott, you know the images of that movie heavily influenced me when I was creating this diorama. That is a good movie and one of my favorites.

The Meatcan

everyone has pretty much said it all but I'd just like to add that is probably the most action-packed diorama I've ever seen! fantastic :thumbsup:

Terry

Dennis

Every time time I look at your diorama I find something new. It's the best diorama I have ever seen. This is truly a work of art. It should be in a museum. I too saw the pride of the Marines about Al Schmidt

Thanks for sharing this diorama

Semper Fi

Tom