FW 190 in US markings

F 106 Pilot

F 106 Pilot

I just received this photo this morning from a friend who took the picture. He said he did not recall anyone flying it. But a great old photo. Ben

post-4101-1268153746.jpg

I just received this photo this morning from a friend who took the picture. He said he did not recall anyone flying it. But a great old photo. Ben

AT http://www.kecay.com/product_info.php?products_id=31 there is a book about captured German FW 190's and the page notes, "would you believe an FW190G-3 in full US Navy sea blue/intermediate blue/white camouflage scheme?"

Can you imagine the fun the pilots must have had racing each other in P51 vs captured FW190, when things were still "wild and wooly" between the end of the fighting and the reestablishment of order? No evidence (or research) that it really happened, but...

Forum Support, thanks for that link!

Steve

Cobrahistorian

I can't remember where, but somewhere I have seen a color shot of this bird. I'll post it if I find it.

Jon

I can't remember where, but somewhere I have seen a color shot of this bird. I'll post it if I find it.

Jon

Please do.... I'd like to model this bird

Wayne

Please do.... I'd like to model this bird

Wayne

Actually, if you click on that link above, and then enlarge the photos on the page, you will see color profiles and photos of the FW-190 in US blue.