Killer find at a car show!!

M35A2runner

M35A2runner

post-8988-1268010950.jpgpost-8988-1268010964.jpg

Here some items my wife had found at a car show in Pomona California, a pilots helmet dated 1970 and a survival vest, fully loaded. dated 1989.good stuff!

Garandomatic

Car swap meets are not to be overlooked, man. I found an exploded WWI German 77mm fuze with a piece of the shell attached at one for ONE DOLLAR. Dude said it was something his grandpa had in his garage, and he let it go for 1$. Also got a June 1944 cot for $5.

Cobrahistorian

Great stuff! The artwork on the back of the helmet is from the Arizona National Guard 1-285th Avn when they were flying AH-1S Cobras.

Jon

Car show? Im guessing its like a flea market?? When someone says car show im thinking of vegas with nice female models :)

Cobrahistorian

The Pima Air and Space museum has one of their AH-1S(MOD)s on display and it has that exact artwork up on the doghouse (the area above and behind the cockpit and below the main rotor).

They're an Apache unit these days.

If you're looking to part with that grouping, I'd be interested in taking a look at it for the museum. Our 1980s Army Aviation collection is nearly non-existent.

Great stuff!

Jon

Wow! Great find. I went to about 12 Antique stores and 1 Army/ Navy surplus store this weekend and found squat! I tried my best to buy something but there was nothing to be had.

Sooner or later my find will come. Hopefully sooner. :lol:

Those of us who have been finding this stuff at car shows for years without competition from other militaria collectors sincerely thank you for telling the entire collecting community our secret.

M35A2runner
The Pima Air and Space museum has one of their AH-1S(MOD)s on display and it has that exact artwork up on the doghouse (the area above and behind the cockpit and below the main rotor).

They're an Apache unit these days.

If you're looking to part with that grouping, I'd be interested in taking a look at it for the museum. Our 1980s Army Aviation collection is nearly non-existent.

Great stuff!

Jon

The helmet is going to be listed on e-bay tonight under the user name SISWAYNE if you are interested in bidding on it.

Those of us who have been finding this stuff at car shows for years without competition from other militaria collectors sincerely thank you for telling the entire collecting community our secret.

HAHAH AWESOME!

If I could stand having to look at cars I'd probably go to these...but alas, "thrift" and "antique" are more enticing terms...