Some Armored Items

CNY Militaria

CNY Militaria

Here are a few Armored Items you probably have not seen from my collection yet!

1. You may recognize the photo this soldier was in. It was all over the news during OIF I. He lives near here and had my father as a teacher.

2. 27th Armored Helmet liner. WWII issue, but decals sre from after.

3. Lt. Col Robert Wallace, Armored Recon Unit Cmdr, Korea-Vietnam

4. Ross Salladin, 77th ID, later an Armored Unit. Yes, thats Bob Hope in the Picture!

stuff_351.jpg

stuff_352.jpg

duell1.jpg

Ahh beautiful Justin. I sure do love my Armored Division products. I guess I am bias though because of my uncle. Nonetheless excellent uniforms there!

CNY Militaria

Thanks Cactus, seems that there are many armored collectors here, so you will be in good company on this forum.

Justin

One of my favorite uniforms, pre-WWII Infantry Tanks Officer. I am still looking for the proper white shirt and black tie, I have a pair of pink britches with it. Notice the slightly lighter shade of green than you see on the later ones.post-55-1167447406.jpg

I'll have to post some of my Uncle's items as well as some other non personal relation items I got too at some point. Maybe after I reformat... =( I am actually in the process of scanning in his scrapbook. :D

CNY Militaria

I think we should make this thread into a "Show any and all Armored Items!"

Post away my friends, I certainly have lots more to add soon!

Justin

CNY Militaria

Here is a grouping from Captain Floyd Samuel Martin. He was a field surgeon in the 32nd Armored Infantry Regiment before and during the war. Just before leaving the Army, he spent some time in HQ Co, 6th AD. These are some of his papers, many sheets have up to 10 pages in them, so you are seeing just a little of what he has. This is one of my favorite uniform groupings because it has so much info. I only wish I had a picture of the captain however!

army_066.jpg

army_068.jpg

stuff_364.jpg

You just keep them coming Justin, really nice!

Do tankdestroyer items also count?

DEAD LINK doinworkinvans 2/7/15

And if someone has an 17th Armored divsion and the DR and S patches for sale, let me know it!

This is a nice little grouping that belonged to Staff Sgt Leo Rausch. Sgt Rausch belonged to the 5th armored div, 490th Field Artillery, Battery A. Sgt Rausch joined the service on the 18th july 1941. He arrived overseas on 4th Oct 1944, and returned back home on 1st Dec 1945. Sgt Rausch participated in the Ardennes, Rhineland, & Central Europe campaigns.

post-100-1167517263.jpg

Heres a close up of his ribbons & dogtags.

post-100-1167517282.jpg

CNY Militaria

Here is an ike with an interesting story. I got this from a yard sale. The lady didn't have anything of interest, and as I walked away she asked what I was looking for. I told here military items, and she told me to hang on a minute. She went into the house and returned with this. She said she had planned to cut it up and use it for sewing fabric. She said I could have it for $5 though, and reluctantly (yea right, haha) I bought it. I credit myself with saving the life of this uniform!

k98bayo_144.jpg

stuff_382.jpg

stuff_383.jpg

Quick question. I bought a more recent armored division uniform and it has the eng. pins instead of the ad ones. it is an officiers uniform too. i questioned it but then i saw justin's with the medical pins on it. so can i safely say that i shouldnt worry as much as i was? sadly i do not know anything about the prior owner.

Thanks Justin Ill try to post some of my items later. I am trying to spruce up a bit for tomorrow when the Fios person comes to install Fios. Do you think I should take down the framed Nazi Armbands on my wall before he comes and put some of my flags away =)

Oh man........

You guys are killing me here!!! I'll get some of my stuff posted as soon as I get sorted out. I'm now in my "den". I'll call it a "den" for lack of a better term. It is of course the smallest room in the house. Time to clean up and sort out.

Some gorgeous armored items coming out here guys thanks for sharing....

As to engineer collar brass on an armored class A...only the 2nd and 3rd armored retained the "heavy" formation and wore mostly the armor brass.

any of the other armored divs had attached engineer/artillery/cavalry and so on troops or regiments and they would have worn branch specific collar brass