Posting of Foriegn bayonets brought back by G.I.?

AndrewA74

Hello,

I have a bayonet that I got from a good friend of mine who is a WWII vet from the 30th Inf Div, he says he took it off a German...(he was at Battle of the Bulge)

I was wondering if I could post it for I.D. here?

AndrewA74

sorry, but only US items are permitted to be posted here. If the bayonet in question is German WWII, it would probably be for the K98 and lacking the ring that slips over the muzzle. The Wehrmacht didn't use this feature for some reason

I know there're some German collectors here. Maybe one will let you send him a pic and ID it for you. Or, you can try one of the many forums that deal in Third Reich such as Wehrmacht-Awards or MCF

sorry, but only US items are permitted to be posted here. If the bayonet in question is German WWII, it would probably be for the K98 and lacking the ring that slips over the muzzle. The Wehrmacht didn't use this feature for some reason

I know there're some German collectors here. Maybe one will let you send him a pic and ID it for you. Or, you can try one of the many forums that deal in Third Reich such as Wehrmacht-Awards or MCF

You can post photos in PM's so if there's a German bayonet expert here, drop him a PM.

thanks