• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HerbG

HerbG
  • Members
    • Member ID: 6,374
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:17 PM

I recently found a photograph of "...an experimental .30in calibre Model 45-A rifle fitted with a telescopic sight......" in the book, The Sniper at War, by Michael E. Haskew. As you can see from the photo the rifle is equipped with a vertical grip and is probably fed from a BAR magazine. The photo was supposedly taken during the liberation of Manila, Philippines. Can anybody shed any light on this rifle?

T45Rifle0001.jpg~original.jpg

Edited by DesertRatTom, 15 June 2015 - 04:32 PM.
Transfer pictures from off site storage. drt

#2 screaming-eagle

screaming-eagle
  • Members
    • Member ID: 275
  • 338 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:41 PM

wow, never seen that before, very interesting! I guess you learn something new everyday!

#3 Charlie Flick

Charlie Flick

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 68
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 03:18 AM

There was an article recently in the Small Arms Review on this weapon. That issue is sitting in a large stack of periodicals on the table next to my bed waiting to be read. If I can dig it out I will let you know what it says. I seem to recall that the rifle was a prototype/experimental and never went beyond the testing stage.

Regards,
Charlie Flick

#4 HerbG

HerbG
  • Members
    • Member ID: 6,374
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:45 PM

There was an article recently in the Small Arms Review on this weapon. That issue is sitting in a large stack of periodicals on the table next to my bed waiting to be read. If I can dig it out I will let you know what it says. I seem to recall that the rifle was a prototype/experimental and never went beyond the testing stage.

Regards,
Charlie Flick

Thanks Charlie, that would be a great help!

#5 Linedoggie

Linedoggie
  • Members
    • Member ID: 6,030
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 06:34 PM

Small Arms Review did a article on this a while ago. I might also add that the clean look of the Technical Sergeant with Chevrons and chinstrap while street fighting in Manila doesnt seem very plausible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users