Modern knuckle knives?

gunner

A couple of them look very familiar, maybe I have seen them before somewhere...

All the best

Frank Trzaska

awesome knives and awesome site! :thumbsup:

Gunner, You could also use a repro 1917/1918 knuckle guard to set up one. There are a lot of places to order blades that you could fit to it. Bud K has a better than average 1918Mk1 repro called a "Tomahawk WW1 Black Trench Knife" that could give you a good start. There are a couple of custom knife makers in my area (my Uncle being one) that I have tried to persuade to make knuckle knives, but so far they haven't tried it.

post-3820-1267276540.jpg

• 4 years later...

My interest in theater knives, particularly those with knuck (or 'D')guards brought me to this four year old thread. Hope no one cares that I bring it back to life. I fool around with knives some, a favorite it to take M7 bayonet blades, put on a guard, pommel and new leather washer handle to make an M3 variation. I also enjoy taking the blades from Ontario or Case and putting D guards on them. Here are two, made with repro 1917 guards. The original leather handles were scraped, and I put together new ones. Thse two went off to Iraq (gratis, of course) in 2010. As shown, I had a custom sheath maker make a scabbard for one of them. Another one that went off to Afganistan had the blade edge up, as per the soldier's wishes.

I've tried a couble of times to use 1918 guards with both M7 and Mk2 blades, but they just don't work. D guard knives are difficult enough to use as a utility knife but those with '18 guards are almost worthless.

005463.jpg

0121381.jpg

Well, now that this thread has been resurrected I figure I will show off two Vietnam War era knuckle knives I have acquired since the thread was first started.

This one was made using a Camillus JPK blade. This particular piece came from the Ernie Modlin Collection -

sheathedfront-1.jpg

sheathedback-1.jpg

unsheathedleftside-1.jpg

unsheathedrightside-2.jpg

And the other sports a Japanese-made blade and a cool spiked brass guard -

knifesheathedfront.jpg

knifesheathedback.jpg

knifeleftsidehighres.jpg

kniferightside-1.jpg

Hopefully, others will share their recently acquired knuckle knife "eye candy".

Tim

• 9 years later...
bamascvreb

Any idea of who would have carried the Parsons knuckle, how many of them were produced, and what the numbers on the end of the handle denote?