• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Championhilz

Championhilz
  • Members
    • Member ID: 274
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:53 PM

Recently I made a trip to the local antique mall with my wife and two year old daughter. I spent most of my time chasing after my daughter, making sure she didn't destroy some expensive antique. She finally got interested in a shelf of used books, and I was grateful for a chance to rest. While waiting, I noticed a small leather case hanging from a nail on the side of the bookshelf - with nothing better to do at the moment, I picked it up and looked to see what it contained. Inside was a pair of binoculars made by the National Instrument Corporation of Houston, Texas, but what really caught my attention was the inscription written inside the case: "Lt. John I Magee USA INF. WW II 1942-1945." On closer inspection I also found he scratched his name on the binoculars as well. I took the binoculars home for the grand sum of $8 and considered it money well spent. I have not found any information on Lt. Magee yet, but I am still looking.

Attached File  A_Bino1.bmp   110.3K   383 downloads

a_bino2.jpg

#2 Championhilz

Championhilz
  • Members
    • Member ID: 274
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:55 PM

a_bino4.jpg

a_bino3.jpg

#3 usmc69

usmc69
  • Recruits
    • Member ID: 130,878
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:08 AM

Have you been able to find out anything about the binoculars themselves.  I bought the same bino today at the local gun shop for $5.00.

Edited by usmc69, 30 September 2014 - 11:09 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users