Mint early Navy binoculars

Navy Dan

Hi Everyone,

Picked these up yesterday from a friend who had them in a bin of binoculars. I'm guess WW I they are marked on the case and frame with US Naval Gun Factory optical shop ANNEX Rochester NY and on the frame United States Navy Night Glass 3 power. Marked on the tube US NAVY NI8047. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Dan

post-2552-1263743058.jpg

According to the webpage at http://www.europa.com/~telscope/milusn.txt the optical shop at Naval Gun Factory Annex in Rochester was opened in WWI and closed soon after the war ended, so that makes it easy to date these. They do look great. I have seen a lot WWI era binoculars and the leather is often missing or cracked or loose, etc.

According to the webpage at http://www.europa.com/~telscope/milusn.txt the optical shop at Naval Gun Factory Annex in Rochester was opened in WWI and closed soon after the war ended, so that makes it easy to date these. They do look great. I have seen a lot WWI era binoculars and the leather is often missing or cracked or loose, etc.

Thanks,

I stopped at a new friends house and he said he needed some help identifying some binoculars. He pulled out a large bin of binoculars around 16 of them all in the same condition but different styles and eras. Army Navy WWI WW II and VN. I have to go back he said he has another bin he needs to find.When I got to these I set them aside and made him a fair offer and he said they where mine.

Every thing is intact no cracks or chips the case just needs some rethreading on the top.

Thanks Dan