Special forces yard ceremonial shirt

pwmiraldi67

heard one of the members here found this shirt on ebay, Ive got one and would love to see the comparison. this one belonged to Lt. Col Henry "Hank" Arron along with some paper work, is prob my fav piece of all,

thanks

paul

post-2472-1262478285.jpg

thanks guys!! I bought it a few years ago at the urging of my wife, Yes My wife said I needed to buy this shirt LOL God I love her!! and it was a steal too. I'll see if I can get some close ups of the stitching and the LLDB patch. hoping to take it out and put it on someone for a really good photo, w/ beret and all

lol

paul

I saw the one on ebay... went for a pretty penny. I was hoping the seller kept all the uniforms together, but he didnt seem to mind about the history and just the cash.

Paul, the same person who sold you that shirt bought the one off of Ebay.

Yea thats what Owen told me I just wasnt sure you wanted the whole world to know LOL

wanna bring it down and compare it with yours!!!

still love that shirt!! thanks again Bob, your the best

paul

vintageproductions
I saw the one on ebay... went for a pretty penny. I was hoping the seller kept all the uniforms together, but he didnt seem to mind about the history and just the cash.

I thought the price it sold for was a bargain. My bid was incredibly higher then what I ended up paying for it.

Maybe you didn't read the description, but the seller was the veteran's son. The veteran had passed away and he was helping his mother to try and make some extra money.

Thats an incredible shirt. The veterans son was selling some great items. Hes still listing stuff too. I usually wait towards the end of auctions to put bids in but dont use any programs. There was some items I wanted but I was stupid and took a nap right before the end of the auction and slept through them all :(. A decent amount went higher than I expected but I wanted the short timers calander and posters pretty bad and would probably of won them.

Have you ever noticed that the date on the both shirts are the same ? I wonder what could it be ?

I think I remeber Bob telling me it was some big pow-wow with Group commanders the LLDB and the Yard higher ups. I think it may have had something to do w/ the anniversrary of the FULRO uprising

Im wondering if its 2-4-69 Feb 04 1969 or the European way April-02-1969

paul

I believe Aaron's correct name was Harold R Aaron, not Henry. I used to have one of his LTG Fatigue shirts.

G

I believe Aaron's correct name was Harold R Aaron, not Henry. I used to have one of his LTG Fatigue shirts.

G

You are right Sir!! i dont know why I said henry, got a letter to Bender Pub LTD in 1973 when he was a LTG giving the shirt to Bender Pub

paul

nguoi tien su
European way April-02-1969

Paul, Vietnamese documents are usually written European style. That should be the case here.

Both shirts are really nice and the price of the last one was fair. Bob was lucky many people were buzy with Xmas and new year. :thumbsup:

Bob, did you notice that the 1st line (BCH) had been removed? :think: :ermm:

My guess is that the shirt were all made following the same pattern, but only the commander was offered one with the Bộ Chỉ Huy line. Thus the removal of the line on the "others" (there must be others)? Typical Vietnamese! :P

vintageproductions

There are known photos of the meeting, as I have seen them before. Esp. one of Aaron wearing his, and he is drinking out of a rice wing jug. The problem is they are very dark and hard to make out details. Every American is wearing one of these shirts in the photos.

My shirt does not look like it had any other embroidery on it, as there are no pulls to the material.